Work for Vail Resorts
Ski/Snowboard School - Lift Buddy - Part Time
Afton Alps, MN, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Join the Afton Alps Ski and Snowboard School team.We are looking for responsible skiers to provide assistance to children aged 6 years of age and under with the safe loading, riding and unloading of chairlifts. Lift Buddies work with our children’s program instructors at the Meadows Children’s Learning Center riding up the lifts with our youngest guests. Lift Buddies are an integral part of Afton Alps Ski and Snowboard School and a key component of delivering exceptional and safe guest service.
This is the perfect role for someone who likes to ski and work with young children. Being a Lift Buddy is also a great stepping stone to becoming an instructor as Lift Buddies can participate in all of our instructor training clincs and continue to work on their skills.
Lift Buddies work on weekends and holidays when our children's programs are in session. Depending on demand, a lift buddy will usually work one day per weekend from mid-December through mid-March plus be expected to work a few days during the Christmas holidays and at least one of New Year’s Day, MLK Day or President’s Day - approximately 15 to 20 days per season. The typical day will begin at 9:15 am and end at 3:30 pm with a one-hour lunch break.
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Uphold the highest levels of guest safety in varying winter weather conditions.
- Effectively and clearly communicate instructions and assist children aged 6 and younger on riding lifts.
- Work with Lift Department employees in a collaborative manner to ensure the best guest experience.
- Ski safely and in control at all times while on duty.
- Be attentive to the needs of the guests and respond quickly and effectively to requests from Supervisors and Coordinators.
- Assist in operational responsibilities of Ski and Snowboard programs including but not limited to registration processes, directing guests to facilities such as Rental, Retail and Guest Services and upkeep of indoor and outdoor teaching areas.
- Must be at least 16 years of age – required
- A intermediate-level alpine skier who can demonstrate safe skiing technique on all Green runs - required
- Must be fluent in all aspects of the English language (spoken and written) - required
- Must have excellent guest service skills- required
- Must have excellent communication skills- required
- Must work well in a team- required
- Must be able to work in inclement weather in a winter environment - required
- Must have sight, speech, and hearing abilities sufficient to learn skills, follow and provide directions- required
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs - required
- Must know and embody the skier/boarder responsibility code - required
- Must be able to safely load children ages 4 through 6 onto a lift repeatedly during a shift - required
- Must be available to weekends and holidays - required
- Must ski on contemporary equipment which meets Vail safety standards – required
- Knowledge of local area/resort - preferred
- Epic Pass for unlimited skiing at Afton Alps and all Vail Resorts.
- Discounted Epic Passes for spouses and dependant family.
- Discounted fees for Ski and Snowboard School programs for the instructor and dependant family members.
- Discounts on summer golf at Afton Alps.
- Free training and support for lift buddies seeking further skill development and certification.
- Discounts on food and accommodation at all Vail Resorts.
Create incredible experiences for guests at the Midwest’s premier winter destination. In the scenic St. Croix River Valley, this big-time resort with a small town feel has converted thousands of first-timers into lifelong skiers and riders. This truly is where Epic begins for skiers of all levels and can be where your epic career begins, too. Become part of the Afton Alps family. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 125425
Tourism - Travel
4 months ago