Work for Vail Resorts
Ski/Snowboard School - Guest Service Coordinator - Part/Full Time
Afton Alps, MN, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Guest Service Coordinator
The Guest Service Coordinator is an essential member of the Ski and Snowboard School Team. This role is responsible for managing both inbound and outbound guest interactions by phone, email and in-person at Ski and Snowboard School locations. This position requires a full knowledge of Ski and Snowboard School products and services to ensure that our guests purchase the best product to suit their needs. As Guest Service Coordinator, you will have a high level of guest interaction and will be the face of Afton Alps Ski and Snowboard School! We are looking for guest service oriented individuals who are positive, outgoing, operate with a high level of computer proficiency, have a passion for skiing or snowboarding, are well disciplined, and take pride in their work. Guest Service Coordinators will be required to interact with other guest-facing departments, have a knowledge of other Afton Alps products and help to actively cross-sell tickets, rentals and other products to our guests.
The Guest Service Coordinator can be a full-time or part-time (a minimum of 20 hours per week) role.
We provide training on Ski and Snowboard School products and services, our POS system and guest service. As a member of the Ski and Snowboard School you share in the same benefits as our instructors and other staff including access to our clinics and training programs.
- Accurately and efficiently process Ski and Snowboard School products while capturing guest data
- Effectively demonstrates the ability to learn, understand and communicate well with the guest about multiple product types and can easily adapt to changing pricing and product offerings.
- Ability to perform complex transactions that may require an advanced level of problem resolution and product knowledge.
- Makes recommendations on products, including upselling and cross-selling to meet the guests’ needs and the business objectives
- Ability to handle high volumes of customer interaction while delivering exceptional service; internal & external
- Creating a fun and professional work experience while communicating in a courteous and respectful manner
- Professionally assist and follow through with resolution of guest complaints; handle concerns and suggestions
- Perform daily sales and closing and be held responsible for your end of day point of sale audit
- Work on a computer with a high degree of accuracy and efficient speed
- Must be able to interact with guest and work on a computer at the same time
- Follow company/department policies and procedures
- Participate in resort and departmental trainings and development courses.
- Willing to cross-train and work in all areas/locations of PSS
- Take initiative to perform duties which facilitate operations and maintain cleanliness of your work area while paying attention to detail
- Perform other duties as appropriate
- Typing skills with an emphasis on accurate data collection - required
- Ability to answer questions and speak intelligently about all resort products - required
- Fun, outgoing personality traits - required
- Take timeliness and deliverables seriously - required
- Independent worker - required
- Ability to develop positive rapport with guests - required
- Ability to stay calm in busy and stressful situations - required
- Have a passion for skiing or snowboarding - required
- Must be 16 years of age as of December 1, 2016 - required
- College degree - preferred
- Previous guest service experience - preferred
- Experienced and/or conversational in another language - preferred
- Epic Pass for unlimited skiing at Afton Alps and all Vail Resorts.
- Discounted Epic Passes for spouses and dependant family.
- Discounted fees for Ski and Snowboard School programs for the instructor and dependant family members.
- Free training and support for instructors seeking further skill development and certification.
- Discounts on food and accommodation at all Vail Resorts
- Discounts on summer golf at Afton Alps.
Create incredible experiences for guests at the Midwest’s premier winter destination. In the scenic St. Croix River Valley, this big-time resort with a small town feel has converted thousands of first-timers into lifelong skiers and riders. This truly is where Epic begins for skiers of all levels and can be where your epic career begins, too. Become part of the Afton Alps family. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 125472
Tourism - Travel
about 1 month ago