Work for Vail Resorts
Ski & Snowboard School Finance & Admin Manager - Sr. Analyst - FP&A
Breckenridge, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
As a financial professional, this is the job you've been dreaming about! Use your finance experience and be part of the unique and fun ski resort/mountain industry. This is an opportunity to fulfill your professional and personal passions all in one place. Located in the beautiful Colorado Rockies, Breckenridge is a vibrant mountain area full of people looking to work hard and play hard. We are known for our winters with world class skiing/riding and world class competitions, but Breckenridge is a summer playground as well. Our summers are filled with hiking, camping, mountain biking, kayaking/canoeing, sailing, rafting, golf and fishing. Everything an outdoor enthusiast needs all year round!
The Ski and Snowboard School Admin/Finance Manager drives comprehensive financial planning, forecasting and analysis to enable the company to align its resources with the achievement of its strategic goals- both long term and short term. The Ski and Snowboard School Admin/Finance Manager manages the administrative aspects of the Breckenridge Ski & Snowboard School including Budgeting, Business Reviews, Forecasting and Financial Analysis for Revenue, Labor and Operating Expenses. The Ski and Snowboard School Admin/Finance Manager is a major player in the Finance Management team of the Breckenridge Resort.
The Manager will report to the Breckenridge Sr. Director of Skier Services and be responsible for (including but not limited to):
- Support the Finance Director in the financial management of the resort.
- Prepare annual operating budgets and annual capital budgets in conjunction with managers and other analysts
- Prepare monthly forecasts
- Assisting with financial analysis and budgeting for Skier Services Departments.
- Provide business support and ad hoc financial analysis(product mix, pricing, labor spend, business performance, Data )
- Prepare and distribute financial reports for managers, including variance analysis and commentary
- Monitor & coordinate the capital expenditure process
- Participating in the Skier Services Senior Leadership Team to help deliver strategic plans for the growth of the business.
- Anticipate changes in the business and advise on efficiencies and improvements
- Assure accounting practices are followed by all managers
- Managing the administrative support for the Ski & Snowboard School focusing on Hiring, HR, Payroll, Scheduling, Instructor Work Priority, Instructor Rewards and engagement, Communication, Uniforms and Purchasing.
- Juggle multiple priorities, be comfortable with change, take initiated, work within tight deadlines
- At least 4 years of accounting and/or finance experience - required
- Previous experience as financial analyst - strongly preferred
- Finance / Accounting Degree - preferred
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Excel and other MS Office programs including PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet Explorer and Word - required
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft or other ERP systems - preferred
- Proven strong financial analysis and modeling skills, self-starter, pro-active, detail-oriented, with demonstrated problem-solving skills and strong communication
If you’re hard working and feel exhilarated serving others, you’ll feel right at home in our authentic ski town and world-class mountain resort. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, we deliver an experience of a lifetime to every single guest that visits our mountain town. If you’re interested in moving mountains in your career, come work with us at Breckenridge where you’ll instantly feel at home. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 127822
Tourism - Travel
3 months ago