Work for Vail Resorts
Ski/Snowboard School Certified Instructor (Level 2) - Seasonal - Wilmot, WI
Wilmot, WI, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Share your passion! The Certified Instructor will have deep enthusiasm for the sport, allowing him/her to provide quality ski instruction to groups and individuals, adults and children. With a constant eye towards safety and a teaching-strategy centered around fun, our instructors will build lasting relationships with our guests. From beginner to advanced, our team works to ensure students get the most out of their day or their seasons with us.
- Provide superior ski / snowboard instruction to guests of all ages and in all programs
- Create a fun environment that is conducive to learning by employing a variety of appropriate teaching strategies.
- Encourage student enthusiasm for skiing / riding, the learning process, and the further development of good skiing / riding skills
- Follow The Resort’s etiquette guidelines while interacting with guests and respond to all guests in a courteous, professional manner. Maintain positive relations with students, parents, visitors, and general public at all times.
- Instruct all students on The Responsibility Code, and uphold the highest levels of guest safety in varying winter weather conditions.
- Clearly and accurately instruct assigned levels of skiing or snowboarding to students both physically and verbally
- Ensure that students are matched to appropriate skier/snowboarding skill level and working with supervisors/managers to make appropriate changes when necessary
- Assist in operational responsibilities of Ski & Snowboard programs including but not limited to registration process, directing guests to appropriate equipment fitting source, upkeep of outdoor teaching areas and cleanliness of facilities
- Demonstrate a commitment to improving personal skiing / riding and teaching abilities through attendance of supplementary training.
- Actively and effectively communicate with guests to explain programs, services, policies, schedules and rates.
- Attend all required training, safety and other meetings, required both by the department and company.
- Perform other duties as required.
- PSIA/AASI Level 2
- Must be at least 16 years of age
- Must be able to complete required training upon hire
- Must be able to handle exposure to inclement weather; bending, lifting and squatting
- Physical ability to respond appropriately to emergency and other unplanned situations
- Must have Customer Service Skills
- Must have Communication Skills
- Experience working with guests of all ages
- Previous experience with teaching/coaching/mentoring (children if applicable)
- Previous ski/snowboard instructor experience
Help create history at Wilmot Mountain as Vail Resorts bridges 75 years of skiing tradition with new state-of-the-art lifts, snowmaking, renovated lodges, and terrain parks, all while honoring the important legacy of the ski area. Be a part of the tremendous Wilmot Mountain brand recognized widely among Chicago and Milwaukee skiers and snowboarders, and also part of the Vail Resorts’ family that’s passionate about providing world-class experiences at every property. Wilmot Mountain truly is where Epic begins for skiers of all levels and can be where your epic career begins, too.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Tourism - Travel
about 1 month ago