Work for Vail Resorts
Ski School Supervisor
Park City, UT, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Ski and Snowboard School Supervisor - Winter Seasonal - Park City, UT
The Ski and Snowboard School Supervisor is a member of the Park City Ski and Snowboard School Management team. The primary responsibility of this role is to supervise front line aspects of Park City Ski and Snowboard School Products under the direction of the Location Manager. This position works directly with the Product Manager to deliver our guests the Experience of a Lifetime.
This is a salaried position- starts Oct 31 and finishes April 21
Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Direct Supervision of Ski and Snowboard instructors
- Mentoring, observing, coaching, delivering feedback and evaluations of instructors
- Assign daily tasks and make all lesson assignments for instructors scheduled to your work area each day.
- Regularly assess performance of instructor staff.
- Work with Management Team to develop a culture of Health and Safety
- Be proactive to provide superior guest service at all times (internal and external)
- Ensure all staff are following company and departmental policies & procedures
- Collection and submittal of payroll information
- Build a working knowledge of RPOS, including specific Ski School Tools and Report Modules
- Monitor and adjust staffing levels at the direction of the Product and Location Manager(s)
- Administer appropriate record keeping and reporting systems.
- Lead special activities, and maintain facilities, assist in training as needed.
- Excellent personal skills particularly when dealing with Guest Service scenarios
- Strong Skiing or Snowboarding skills. Possesses the ability to Ski/Ride most terrain in order to appropriately respond and travel to on hill situations.
- Desire to work with and relate to adults, children, parents, and employees.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and supervise others.
- Demonstrated ability to perform in a high paced, variable, multi-faceted environment with the ability to multi-task
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Windows based applications and internet based software
- Experience with RPOS or RTP preferred
- College degree and/or two years relevant proven leadership experience in related field, or a combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills are acquired.
- PSIA/AASI Certification or equivalent international certification required.
- Able to withstand lengthy exposure to cold and inclement weather
- Able to sit at computer for extended periods of time
- Physical strength and ability to respond appropriately to emergency and other unplanned situations
Becoming part of the Park City team means you’re joining one of the best ski brands in the world. The legendary Park City mountain and town are crafted from local charm and hospitality. And living and working in Park City brings its own benefits. From the hip and friendly ski-into-town cultural scene to the unrivaled Wasatch powder of America’s largest mountain resort, Park City has a pulse that’s as charming as it is rewarding. Join our team and come experience all that Park City has to offer. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 126081
Tourism - Travel
5 months ago