Work for Vail Resorts
Ski School Reservations Specialist - Product Sales
Park City, UT, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Our team members are a part of the Product Sales & Services (PSS) Department and responsible for all one-on-one interactions that take place across our guest communication channels (phones and email). Call Center Agents deliver outstanding customer service and actively contribute to the overall experience of our guests. Inbound calls offer a variety of ski school sales inquiries, general information about our products and resort, and opportunities to provide helpful solutions to guest service incidents. You will be part of a dynamic Product Sales and Services team at Park City whose opportunities for both personal and professional development are limitless!
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Responsible for providing informed and accurate response to customers about ski school products and services offered at Park City via telephone. Able to present the first point of contact for our Experience of a Lifetime through consistently providing positive guest interactions and strong attention to detail.
- Must be able to maintain quality performance on incoming phone calls from guests with a goal of answering at least 85-90 calls per day. The calls will be a variety of sales calls, service calls, and service recovery.
- Communicate quickly and accurately via email.
- Retain significant amounts of information in order to provide the best customer service with the most accurate, appropriate and helpful information.
- Be an organized, responsible, punctual, accountable individual who has a sense of urgency and recognizes the importance of adhering to call center and customer service standards.
- Work well with the call center team as a whole. This means actively contributing at team meetings, maintaining flexibility in their scheduling, and a willingness to adapt to changes in workflow and environment as our business is ever-changing.
- Demonstrate exceptional time management with strong ability to multitask.
- Perform daily sales and closing procedures and be held responsible for your end of day point of sale audit.
- Work with managers to achieve monthly departmental goals.
- Receive periodic performance evaluations.
- Commit to a one season agreement.
- Create a fun and professional work environment.
- Follow company/department policies and procedures.
- Participate in resort and departmental trainings as required.
- Be willing to cross-train and work in all areas/locations of PSS as required.
- Take initiative to perform “out of the box” duties/actions for internal and external guests.
- Perform other duties as appropriate.
Schedule: Our Call Center is open during ski season (November 18th – April 2017) from 8am to 5pm daily. Fall hours (now through November 17th) are from 10am to 5pm daily. Work schedule is based upon business volume. Full time employees typically work 4 or 5 days per week, 8-10 hours per day. Part time is typically 20-30 hours over 3 full days per week, though some part day schedules may be available. Flexibility is required - employees must be able to work some weekends (including some Sundays if required) and be available to work all holiday and pre-holiday periods.
Requirements: Holiday work dates are December 24th – January 4th; January 15th – 18th and February 12th – 22nd.
- Passionate about guest service and the hospitality/ski industry.
- Willing and able to work the entire winter season (November 2016 – April 2017).
- Flexible regarding work schedules and able to commit to working weekends and holidays.
- Punctual and can start work at 7:45 am each morning.
- Possesses exceptional guest relations and communication skills.
- Has an enthusiastic and outgoing personality.
- Proficient on Microsoft applications and/or POS software.
- Able to communicate fluently and effectively in English (verbal and written).
- Able to retain a high volume of information to answer questions about all resort products.
- Quick to learn and adjust to product and pricing changes.
- Possesses strong organizational and teamwork skills.
- Able to develop a quick rapport with internal and external guests.
- Able to stay calm and perform well in busy and stressful situations.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Previous customer service experience.
- Previous call center experience.
- Conversational in a second language – Spanish preferred.
- Above average typing skills.
- Prior experience with Vail POS software.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Becoming part of the Park City team means you’re joining one of the best ski brands in the world. The legendary Park City mountain and town are crafted from local charm and hospitality. And living and working in Park City brings its own benefits. From the hip and friendly ski-into-town cultural scene to the unrivaled Wasatch powder of America’s largest mountain resort, Park City has a pulse that’s as charming as it is rewarding. Join our team and come experience all that Park City has to offer. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 126508
Tourism - Travel
17 days ago