Work for Vail Resorts
Ski School Product Sales Agent - Full Time and Part Time
Vail, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Ski School Product Sales Agent - Full Time and Part Time - Winter Seasonal
The Ski School Product Sales Agent is a part of the Product Sales & Services (PSS) Department and will be responsible for selling ski school group and private lessons, tickets, season passes, and fulfilling pre-purchased sales orders on the front line at Vail’s ski school office locations. This position requires a full knowledge of our products and services and is responsible for collecting guest information. As a Ski School PSS Sales Agent, you will receive a high level of guest interaction and will be the face of Vail! We are looking for guest service oriented individuals who are positive, outgoing, operate with a high level of computer proficiency, have a passion for the outdoors, are well disciplined, and take pride in their work.
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Accurately and efficiently process ski school and lift access products while capturing guest data
- Ask the guest for their data with every transaction
- Supply administrative and phone support for ski and snowboard school private lesson reservations and operations.
- Work with ski and snowboard school management and instructors to book and confirm private lessons.
- Ability to learn, understand and effectively communicate with the guest about multiple product types and can easily adapt to changing pricing and product offerings.
- Make suitable recommendations on products to meet the guests’ needs and the business objectives.
- Ability to handle high volumes of customer interaction while delivering exceptional service; internal & external
- Creating a fun and professional work experience while communicating in a courteous and respectful manner
- Professionally assist and follow through with resolution of guest complaints; handle concerns and suggestions
- Perform daily sales and closing and be held responsible for your end of day point of sale audit
- Work on a computer with a high degree of accuracy and efficient speed
- Must be able to interact with guest and work on a computer at the same time
- Follow company/department policies and procedures
- Participate in resort and departmental trainings and development courses.
- Willing to cross-train and work in all areas/locations of PSS
- Take initiative to perform duties which facilitate operations and maintain cleanliness of your work area while paying attention to detail
- Perform other duties as appropriate
- High school diploma or equivalent - required.
- Proficient on Microsoft applications and/or POS software - required.
- Ability to communicate fluently and effectively in English - required.
- Typing skills with an emphasis on data collection - required.
- Ability to answer questions and speak intelligently about all resort products - required.
- Fun, outgoing personality traits - required.
- Take timeliness and deliverable tasks seriously - required.
- Capable of working independently - required.
- Ability to develop a quick rapport with clients - required.
- Ability to stay calm in busy and stressful situations - required.
- Prior experience with (resort) POS software - preferred.
- Experienced and/or conversational in a foreign language - preferred.
- Previous guest service experience - preferred.
- College Degree - preferred.
- Cash handling experience - preferred.
Work schedule is based upon business volume and office assignment. Full time is typically 4 days per week, 8-10 hours per day with a 7:30 a.m. start time. Part time is typically 3-4 days per week and 3-7 hours per day. Employees must commit to at least one weekend day and be available to work holidays.
A Full Season commitment is November 7, 2016 through April 23, 2017 OR November 28th, 2016 through April 23, 2017.
Full and Part Time wage is $11.00/hour. Limited employee housing available for FT employees.
Be a part of the resort where it all started. Imagine belonging to a team that delivers the life of luxury to its guests while infusing the mountain lifestyle in every experience. Are you someone that never settles for second best? Take your mountain exploration to the next level and join a passionate group of people who thrive on extraordinary customer service. Come help us deliver unparalleled adventures in a place that is unrivaled and unflinching. Join the team at Vail – a place that’s Like Nothing on Earth. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 127155
Tourism - Travel
about 1 month ago