Work for Vail Resorts
Ski School Alpine Supervisor
Breckenridge, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The Ski & Snowboard School Alpine Supervisor is responsible for creating a welcoming first and last impression. This individual will be responsible for the overall quality of the guest and employee experience for their assigned base location. This is accomplished by focusing on the guest, the business, the employee, the team, interdepartmental communication, personal development, and job specific responsibilities.
Supervisors are responsible for ensuring instructors are providing a safe and exciting experience for guests who are learning to ski. Other responsibilities include problem solving, scheduling, and handling disciplinary matters. Additional job responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Model Breckenridge and PSIA teaching standards. Monitor and maintain the quality of the teaching standards of our Pros.
- Manage staffing to daily revenue and labor model. Monitor and review student return rates with individual Pros monthly.
- Work with the General Managers and Managers to support and achieve quality targets for the success of the overall Ski & Snowboard School (guest survey scores, guest return rates, private lesson rollover rates).
- Resolve guest complaints by utilizing guest service guidelines. Accommodate special requests when appropriate.
- Uphold safety standards within the department and assist in processing Worker’s Compensation claims.
- Ensure Pros are knowledgeable about our product lines, company policies and procedures, and work schedules.
- Manage Pro scheduling to predetermined levels using all available data resources (staffing history, student inventory, reservation arrivals, lodging reports).
- Establish and review mutual seasonal goals and performance objectives with each Pro, providing feedback and training. Mediate conflicts with Pros.
- Communicate with other departments to create an environment of support and trust that will benefit staff and guests.
- Adhere to and model the Company’s mission, vision and values.
- High School diploma
- Minimum of one year working in a Ski & Snowboard School
- Advanced to expert level skier
- PSIA Level 1 certification
- Must be able to work in inclement weather in a high alpine environment
- Must have excellent guest service and communication skills
- Must work well in a team
- Must pass a background check
- Able to communicate effectively (verbal and written) in English
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including, weekdays, evenings, weekends, & holidays
- PSIA Level 2 or 3 certification
- RPOS experience
- College degree in education
- Microsoft Office proficiency
If you’re hard working and feel exhilarated serving others, you’ll feel right at home in our authentic ski town and world-class mountain resort. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, we deliver an experience of a lifetime to every single guest that visits our mountain town. If you’re interested in moving mountains in your career, come work with us at Breckenridge where you’ll instantly feel at home. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 125272
Tourism - Travel
6 months ago