Work for Vail Resorts
Park City, UT, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Ski Patrol is responsible for performing a variety of guest service and risk management functions such as accident handling, administering first aid, trail maintenance, promoting and creating a safe environment for guests and employees, Opening and Closing procedures, lift evacuation, search and rescue, promoting and enforcing the skier’s responsibility code, avalanche control and explosives handling. The job responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting, providing medical care, and transporting sick and injured patients
- Performing closing procedures at the end of the day to ensure that all guests are safely off the mountain
- Provide superior service to our guests.
- Transporting and setting up supplies and equipment on skis
- Trail maintenance
- Learn Avalanche mitigation techniques as well as safe explosives handling practices and
- Driving snowmobiles and other vehicles for mountain operations
- Chairlift guest evacuation
- Trail maintenance including marking and mitigating hazards to skiing public
- May have the opportunity to attend avalanche workshops, schools, or continuing education
- Promoting guest safety through education and enforcement of the Utah Skier Safety Act.
- Completes accident, trail, lost person, dispatch, and other patrol paperwork
- Participates in and supports mountain safety programs
- Patrollers must use alpine skis and/or telemark skis depending on skills
- Must be committed to providing excellent guest service
- Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) or Outdoor Emergency Care (OEC) certified (Current medical certification is required in order to be considered for employment. Must be OEC certified by Ski Season 2016/2017)
- Demonstrate advanced to expert skiing ability and be able to safely negotiate any area of the mountain, whether chairlift or hiking access, in all weather and snow conditions. Patrollers must be able to ski at an advanced level to safely handle a toboggan (with provided training) in any terrain and perform avalanche control (AC) duties
- Must successfully complete a background check prior to employment
- Must be able to work in inclement weather in a high alpine environment
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must be at least 21 years of age at beginning of 2016/17 season
- Must be available to work holidays and weekends
- Must work well in a team
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English
- Must have manual dexterity to operate equipment
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 75 lbs.
- Must have strong communication and excellent guest service skills
- Must possess valid U.S. Driver’s License
- Previous patrol experience - Preferred
Becoming part of the Park City team means you’re joining one of the best ski brands in the world. The legendary Park City mountain and town are crafted from local charm and hospitality. And living and working in Park City brings its own benefits. From the hip and friendly ski-into-town cultural scene to the unrivaled Wasatch powder of America’s largest mountain resort, Park City has a pulse that’s as charming as it is rewarding. Join our team and come experience all that Park City has to offer. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 124336
Tourism - Travel
16 days ago