Work for Vail Resorts
Ski and Snowboard School (Non-Cert) - Winter Seasonal 2016/2017 - Mt. Brighton,MI
Brighton, MI, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
- Provide superior ski / snowboard instruction to guests of all ages and in all programs (Children’s, Adults, Privates, etc…).
- Create a fun environment that is conducive to learning by employing a variety of appropriate teaching strategies.
- Encourage student enthusiasm for skiing / riding, the learning process, and the further development of good skiing / riding skills
- Develop and foster group dynamics appropriate for the age, skill, and makeup of the students in the class.
- Evaluate the accomplishments of students on a daily basis by using the appropriate and available methods developed for each Ski and Snowboard School program.
- Demonstrate, and continually develop, an understanding of skiing / riding concepts.
- Follow The Resort’s etiquette guidelines while interacting with guests and respond to all guests in a courteous, professional manner. Maintain positive relations with students, parents, visitors, and general public at all times.
- Instruct all students on The Responsibility Code, and ensures all safety practices are taught and adhered to.
- Provide superior service to our customers (internal and external) at all times.
- Actively and genuinely communicate with guests to explain programs, services, policies, schedules and rates.
- Take necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials and facilities.
- Demonstrate teamwork, cooperation, respect, and professionalism at all times.
- Confer regularly with immediate supervisor and other Company personnel to plan, coordinate and evaluate services / activities, exchange information and resolve problems.
- Attend all required training, safety and other meetings, required both by the department and company.
- Demonstrate a commitment to improving personal skiing / riding and teaching abilities through attendance of supplementary training.
- Adhere to uniform policy and appearance standard
- Seek a supervisor out when faced with a situation that is out of instructor’s realm of authority.
- Commit and adhere to a specific work schedule.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Exposure to inclement weather; bending, lifting and squatting
- Physical ability to respond appropriately to emergency and other unplanned situations
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Desire to work with and relate to adults, children, parents, guests and fellow employees.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate, supervise, and work with all assigned ages and skill levels appropriate to experience / certification.
- Must have the ability to take initiative, be highly organized, and effectively communicate with and manage groups of all ages.
- Good role model, high integrity, and adaptable.
- Strong intermediate skiing / snowboarding ability combined with the willingness and demonstrated aptitude to learn ski / snowboard instructing and work with guests of all ages.
- 18 years of age or older - preferred
Work with a team that’s passionate about providing world-class experiences at one of the legendary Midwest family winter destinations. An easy drive from many southeast Michigan cities, Mt. Brighton is truly the place where Epic begins offering year-round amenities from skiing to golf and mountain biking.Become part of the Mt. Brighton family. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 124891
Tourism - Travel
5 months ago