Work for Vail Resorts
Ski and Snowboard School (Cert 1) - Winter Seasonal 2016/2017 - Mt. Brighton, MI
Brighton, MI, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Mt. Brighton is seeking Certified Ski and Snowboard Instructors for the winter season. Mt. Brighton, now part of the Vail Resorts family, boasts 10 million dollars in improvements at our newly renovated facility which includes 26 trails, 5 chair lifts, 7 surface lifts and a state-of-the-art Terrain Park.
The Certified Instructor will provide quality ski instruction to groups and individuals in a safe and fun manner while upholding safety rules and regulations in addition to company guidelines.
- Upholding the highest levels of guest safety in varying winter weather conditions
- Clearly and accurately instructing assigned levels of skiing or snowboarding to students both physically and verbally
- Ensuring that students are matched to appropriate skier/snowboarding skill level and working with supervisors/managers to make appropriate changes when necessary
- Assisting guests with transportation of equipment
- Assisting guests to load and unload the chairlift
- Communicating instructions and helping guests to their feet during a lesson
- Working with guests of all ages and abilities
- When working with children, supervising children in class at all times ensuring return of child to identified guardian
- Assist in operational responsibilities of Ski & Snowboard programs including but not limited to registration process, directing guests to appropriate equipment fitting source, upkeep of outdoor teaching areas and cleanliness of facilities
- Additional duties as required/assigned by Supervisor
- Attend Ski and Snowboard training sessions
- PSIA/AASI Level 1 - required
- Must be fluent in English (spoken and written)
- Must have excellent guest service skills
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Must be able to work well in a team environment
- Must be able to work in inclement weather
- Must be able to work holidays and weekends
- Experience working with guests of all ages
- Previous experience with teaching/coaching/mentoring (children if applicable)
- Previous ski/snowboard instructor experience
- High School or Equivalent Education
Work with a team that’s passionate about providing world-class experiences at one of the legendary Midwest family winter destinations. An easy drive from many southeast Michigan cities, Mt. Brighton is truly the place where Epic begins offering year-round amenities from skiing to golf and mountain biking.Become part of the Mt. Brighton family. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 124892
Tourism - Travel
5 months ago