Work for Vail Resorts
Vail, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Shuttle Driver - Winter Seasonal, Full Time, Vail Mountain
Primary responsibility during operating hours is to respond to Vail Village Ski School transportation needs from the Village to Golden Peak. Additional responsibilities will include responding to non-base area office locations to transport employees to and from the base area locations. Light parking enforcement in down time. Other duties as assigned.
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Must possess or be able to obtain a valid driver’s license.
- Perform pre- and post- operating inspections on shuttle vehicles.
- Observes all traffic laws and operates vehicles in a safe, efficient manner.
- Must be able to operate vehicle safely in all weather conditions.
- Keep all assigned equipment clean and presentable.
- Maintains highest personal appearance and grooming standards.
- Assists passengers with boarding and de-boarding as needed.
- Park vehicles in loading areas so passengers can board/de-board.
- Load/unload and assist passengers with baggage/equipment.
- Advise passengers to be seated and orderly inside the vehicle.
- Reports delays or accidents to Supervisor.
- Must be comfortable enforcing Vail Mountain parking policy with employees and guests.
- Must be able to communicate with a handheld radio following company protocols.
- Must have excellent verbal skills to communicate effectively with passengers.
- Acts as a source of information for passengers and employees, performing public relations functions at the highest guest service levels.
- Has excellent knowledge of Vail Mountain operations and base area locations.
- Regulate heating, lighting, and ventilation systems for guests’ comfort.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent - required.
- Guest service experience - preferred.
- Valid driver’s license - required.
- Fluent in English and strong communication skills - required.
- Spanish speaking helpful - preferred.
- Must have clean motor vehicle driving record - required.
- Must be able to operate passenger vehicle safely, to demonstrate physical motor functions to accomplish the above, to communicate effectively, and to provide physical assistance or ADA assistance to guests when necessary - required.
Be a part of the resort where it all started. Imagine belonging to a team that delivers the life of luxury to its guests while infusing the mountain lifestyle in every experience. Are you someone that never settles for second best? Take your mountain exploration to the next level and join a passionate group of people who thrive on extraordinary customer service. Come help us deliver unparalleled adventures in a place that is unrivaled and unflinching. Join the team at Vail – a place that’s Like Nothing on Earth. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 127187
Tourism - Travel
21 days ago