Work for Vail Resorts
Service Technician - Ski Shop - Part Time
Afton Alps, MN, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Service Technician is responsible for performing quality tunes and repairs to customers equipment, write up accurate work orders and prioritize work in an expedient manner. Assist with store operations and generating sales.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Acknowledge customers quickly and courteously
- Determine customer equipment needs
- Complete accurate work order paperwork and prioritize work orders in an expedient manner
- Have the ability to properly identify when a ski/snowboard requires a tune, recommend which tune will best benefit their equipment, and be able to sharpen, wax and drill equipment.
- Fit Boots, Skis, Snowboards, Helmets and Poles to guest satisfaction
- Ensure guests are well-equipped for a day at the resort
- Must be mechanicaly inclined with the ability to use hand tools, power tools and heavy machinery on a daily basis
- Must be able to work closley with other employees and comunicate effectivley
- Service and repair customer merchandise according to established guidelines
- Adhere to safety procedures regarding the use of tools and equipment
- Willing to become certified by ski binding manufactures
- Assist other departments when needed
- Assist in Retail sales and customer service
- Keep shop clean, tidy and organized
- Able to lift up to 50lbs
- Must be 18 years of age or older - required
- 1 year service technician experience - Preferred
- Ski and/or snowboard tuning experience - Preferred
- Strong customer services skills
- Maintain a working knowledge of products and trends within the ski and snowboard industry
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including days, nights, weekends and holidays - Required
- Basic computer skills with ability to learn the register
- Ability to work on your feet for up to 8 hours
Create incredible experiences for guests at the Midwest’s premier winter destination. In the scenic St. Croix River Valley, this big-time resort with a small town feel has converted thousands of first-timers into lifelong skiers and riders. This truly is where Epic begins for skiers of all levels and can be where your epic career begins, too. Become part of the Afton Alps family. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 126350
6 months ago