Work for Vail Resorts
Server/Waitstaff - Outpost Restaurants
Keystone, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Waitstaff at the Alpenglow Stube, one of Keystone's fine dining restaurants, are responsible for taking orders and serving meals to our guests and helping them have an Experience of a Lifetime atop North Peak.
- Be comfortable selling and pairing wines with different courses
- Solicit food and beverage orders from customers
- Serve meals in a friendly and timely manner.
- Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Expected to have full knowledge of the menu and all beverage offerings within 14 days of hire.
- Provide highest levels of service, commiserate with a 4 Diamond AAA rated facility.
- One year fine dining waitstaff experience
- This position requires previous fine dining experience - at least one year, preferably 3+ years
- Possess excellent communication skills, be able to function effectively as part of a team, and take direction from supervisors and co-workers.
- Self-motivated & detail-oriented
- Must be able to carry a tray (up to 30 lbs) and tray jack
- Knowledge of wines/cognacs/liquors/etc. - required
- English - Fluent written and spoken
- TIPS certification will be required within 30 days of hire, classes are provided.
- Certified Slip Resistant shoes are required prior to starting work. Shoes must be provided by the employee.
The Outpost Restaurants are located atop North Peak Mountain, the second mountain “back” at Keystone. Access to this location during the winter months is solely by double gondola/chairlift ride. This is an unpaid commute to a remote location, and operations at this location are subject to weather delays and cancellations. There is generally no compensation for cancelled shifts. As this is a remote location and subject to weather events, evacuation and delays are possible. Employees may be required to leave the building via snow cat, snowmobile, or other transportation methods. Skiing/riding is *not* required to vacate the building. Medical and fire help are located nearby, but response times may vary depending on weather and other incidents occurring around the mountain.
Adaptability and flexibility are a must in any position at the Outpost, the right candidate will maintain a positive attitude in the face of challenges, will embrace the service culture of Vail Resorts, and maintain a sense of cooperation and support with the other outlets in the building.
Employees may be expected to work in other outlets in the building, as well as perform duties outside of their normal job functions.
Where you could be working:
Der Fondue Chessel
Der Fondue Chessel is a fondue lover’s dream, whether it’s a cozy dinner for two or a fun group gathering. Enjoy an authentic fondue experience atop Keystone's North Peak Mountain. It is a very cozy atmosphere with an element of adventure as you arrive by gondola. Two gondolas are needed to get here, which could add up to 30-40 minutes to your commute to work
The highest AAA Four-Diamond™ dining experience in North America. Enjoy breathtaking views while traveling in enclosed comfort aboard two gondolas to the top of the North Peak at 11,444 feet. Award-winning chefs create delicious contemporary cuisine with a Bavarian accent to complement this unique, secluded setting. Arguably the best dinner in the ski industry. Two gondolas are needed to get here, which could add up to 30-40 minutes to your commute to work.
We’re looking for team members who are passionate about their work and the world around them, who take pride in ensuring our guests receive the best possible service, and who bring a sense of self and fun to all they do. Life at 9,280 feet in the sky is a little different. With our crisp Rocky Mountain air and vast options for adventure and exploring, you can join a community who loves where they live and love what they do. Keystone will be your home away from home, with its warmth, friendliness and unequaled eye for detail. Come join our team – where A Mountain of Possibilities awaits. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 126398
Tourism - Travel
4 months ago