Work for Vail Resorts
Server / Waitstaff - DoubleTree by Hilton Breckenridge
Breckenridge, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Server/Waitstaff - DoubleTree by Hilton - Full Time/Winter Seasonal - Breckenridge, CO
A Breckenridge Hospitality Team Member is devoted to consistently creating the experience of a lifetime for all of our guests and fellow Team Members alike. Some of the important traits of our Team Members must include:
1. A willingness to exceed expectations at every opportunity
2. A good understanding of many of the cornerstones of hospitality
3. Team Work, Friendliness, Patience, Selflessness, Service, & Pride
The Food and Beverage Associate is responsible for ensuring that all guests have the highest quality Hotel experience possible. All team Members assist in maintaining a profitable multi dimensional department that is also environmentally responsible. All team hired will be crossed trained in banquets, In-Room Dining (IRD or Room Service Serving), Serving in the 9600 Kitchen, and our new Grab-and-Go station. This position is required to perform all food and beverage functions as business dictates.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Exhibits strong menu, beverage, and wine knowledge.
- Adheres to all state liquor laws
- Ensures that all state health regulations are being adhered to
- Keeps the chefs and managers informed of any issues that might affect quality of service or timing.
- Completion of all side work as required.
- Performs additional responsibilities to help the Department and Hotel function efficiently.
- Able to multi-task and handle high volume service demands
- Adhere to all company standards, policies, and procedures.
- Ensures the timing and flow of service is correctly paced
- Handles all opening and closing duties required to operate the restaurant, including but not limited to ensuring that all stocking is done, tables are properly set, the dining room is clean, break down and set up of buffets, resets of dining space
- Communicates all necessary and important information with the Food and Beverage Management Team
- Proficiency in reading and communicating in English
- Current certification in a nationally recognized program concerning service of alcohol or able to be obtained upon being hired
- Certification from the state Professional Food Handler Program or able to be obtained upon being hired
- Ability to be on ones feet for prolong periods
- Willing to work weekends, holidays, early mornings and or late evenings.
- At least 21 years of age
- High school degree or GED
- Minimum of one year experience as a server, Serving experience in an upscale restaurant - preferred
- Able to lift and carry up to 25 pounds
- Previous knowledge of touch screen POS systems preferred
Enjoy the perks of a DoubleTree Employee and a Vail Resorts employee with just one job. Our staff at the DoubleTree gets twice the reward by holding only one job. Part of the Vail Resorts Family and DoubleTree team member, you reap the benefits of both companies (free ski pass for all Vail Resorts operated properties and all the lodging discounts for DoubleTrees nationwide). The staff at The DoubleTree live up to the brand’s reputation by offering a warm and welcoming stay to every guest. There is a high expectation of phenomenal customer service but it comes with a high reward of amazing team members. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 125557
6 months ago