Work for Vail Resorts
Server - The Lodge at Vail - Part Time
Vail, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Responsible for ensuring that all resorts guests have the highest quality food and beverage dining experience possible while assisting in the creation of a profitable department that is environmentally responsible. This position follows the brand standards from the beginning of the service cycle through the entire dining process and is professional and gracious while enhancing the dining experience through outstanding service skills. Greets guest takes orders for food and/or beverages, and serves food/beverage items. May collect payment for food/beverages, including operation of a computer or cash register.
- Is professional and gracious while enhancing the dining experience through outstanding service skills.
- Complete side work such as; Stocking, polishing silver, glass and dishware, setting, bussing and clearing tables, trash and recycling removal, expediting food, serving food and drinks, waiting tables etc.
- Consistently follows the steps of the service cycle as outlined in the brand standards and ensures the timing and flow of service is correctly paced great food and beverage knowledge with an ability to up sell to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Take food and beverage orders from guests, enter orders in our point-of-sale system
- Deliver food and beverages from kitchen and bar to guests in a timely manner
- Prepare final bill, present check to guest, accept payment, process credit card charges or make change
- Pre bussing and clearing tables in an efficient and timely manner and maintain clean service areas
- Thank guests for their visit and invite them to return
- Monitor and observe guests dining experience and respond promptly and courteously to any requests
- Answer questions about our food, beverages and other restaurant functions and services.
- Responsible for knowing all table numbers and point seats for proper ringing in of orders on POS system.
- Be ready and willing to assist fellow servers as situations arise and to assist busperson with clearing and resetting tables
- Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by the restaurant manager or immediate supervisor
- Exhibits strong menu and beverage/wine knowledge.
- Adhere to all state health regulations and all state liquor laws.
- Additional duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent. -required
- Current TIPS certification for responsible service of alcohol. -required
- Minimum of 1 year experience as a server in an upscale Food & Beverage hotel/resort. -preferred
- Familiar with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel and Outlook. -preferred
- Must be able to effectively present detailed information both verbally and in written form to guests and fellow employees. -required
- Ability to read and comprehend complex correspondence. -required
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English both written and verbal. -required
- Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds. -required
- Experienced in all phases of Beverage operations. -preferred
- Point of Sales experience. –preferred
Be a part of the resort where it all started. Imagine belonging to a team that delivers the life of luxury to its guests while infusing the mountain lifestyle in every experience. Are you someone that never settles for second best? Take your mountain exploration to the next level and join a passionate group of people who thrive on extraordinary customer service. Come help us deliver unparalleled adventures in a place that is unrivaled and unflinching. Join the team at Vail – a place that’s Like Nothing on Earth. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 125547
3 months ago