Work for Vail Resorts
Server - Mountain Dining
Breckenridge, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The Server / Wait staff will be responsible for providing prompt, professional and friendly guest service to restaurant & bar guests at all times. There are full time and part time opportunities available.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for having a strong food knowledge base as well as a very detailed understanding and memorization of the current menu items which include all alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks as well as food and specials.
- Handles all opening and closing duties required to operate the restaurant and ensures that all stocking is done, tables are properly set, and the dining room is clean.
- Must actively use suggestive selling techniques while always trying to up sell our products.
- Must be proactive in effectively selling beer, wine, liquor and food to guests sitting in the dining area.
- Communicates all necessary and important information with the Restaurant Manager and the entire Food and Beverage team.
- Capable of multi-tasking and working at a fast but thorough pace.
- Complete all side work that has been assigned.
- Attends the daily pre-shift meeting to learn any important daily information as well as any other scheduled staff meetings.
- Have comprehensive wine and liquor knowledge and adheres to all state liquor laws.
- Ensures that all state health regulations are being adhered to.
- Cash & credit card handling including honesty and fairness at end of shift tip out to bartenders and food runners.
- Must be enthusiastic and interactive to help portray a friendly, fun and exciting bar environment.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Able to communicate English
- Ability to communicate in Spanish - preferred
- Prior serving experience
- Able to lift at least 50 lbs.
- Able to stand for long periods of time
- TIPS certification required - will provide with TIPS training within 30 days of hire if necessary.
The exciting, fun atmosphere of the T-Bar makes it a local’s favorite. Not only can guests enjoy their favorite beverages with spectacular views, but the food specials and fun, friendly atmosphere will make for an unparalleled experience after a day on the slopes.
Sevens is nestled at 10,010ft on the base of Peak 7 and features a 2 ½ ton open hearth oven, a warm atmosphere and a great patio with breathtaking views.
The Maggie features a beautiful deck with a mountain aspect, family friendly service, with a fun, casual atmosphere and live music.
New Peak 7 Restuarant
New restaurant located on Peak 7 near the top of Independence Chair Lift.
If you’re hard working and feel exhilarated serving others, you’ll feel right at home in our authentic ski town and world-class mountain resort. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, we deliver an experience of a lifetime to every single guest that visits our mountain town. If you’re interested in moving mountains in your career, come work with us at Breckenridge where you’ll instantly feel at home. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 123492
Tourism - Travel
about 1 month ago