Work for Vail Resorts
Senior Manager Talent Acquisition - Mountain
Broomfield, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The Sr. Talent Acquisition Manager oversees recruitment for all Vail Resorts Mountain division populations, including all resorts and corporate roles across multiple regions and states. Develops multi-dimensional sourcing and recruitment strategies to meet business/operational needs. Oversees high-volume and multi-season recruiting needs (winter/spring/fall ramp-ups, seasonal events). The Sr. Talent Acquisition Manager is responsible for managing relationships with Mountain operations, partners with human resource leaders and the Vail Resorts enterprise-wide Talent Acquisition team to ensure effective staffing practices and for the delivery of assigned requisitions. Based in Broomfield, CO.
- Oversees Talent Acquisition for the Mountain division including Corporate and Field positions across all grades/levels, in multiple states and regions, across multiple seasons (winter & summer), and across multiple brands
- Oversees a team of 4 resort-based Talent Acquisition Managers and 11 resort-based Recruiters and supports 4 resort-based Human Resources Generalists. Drives these teams for the hiring of the 15,000 Mountain division seasonal workers during the months from July to March, as well as hundreds of year-round workers across the resorts.
- Acts as the Talent Acquisition single point of accountability for Mountain division stakeholders
- Serves as Talent Acquisition SME for business partners
- Develops deep understanding of all resort business operations
- Establishes and operates customized TA sourcing strategies across all resorts and regions, e.g., international hiring, job fairs/events, university partnerships, employment marketing collateral, etc.
- Ensures equitable resource allocations to meet staffing needs
- Resolves escalated issues
- Tracks and reports staffing demand, hired, gaps, etc.
- Reports entity status and conducts periodic status reviews with the business
- Is a leading member of the Sr. Leadership Talent Acquisition Team
- Work with business operations and Legal counsel to identify and execute international staffing strategies. Maintain knowledge of current trends and rulings for H2B and J-1 visa programs and communicate with key stakeholders in the operation regarding VR strategies related to Visas.
- Manage TA budget and vendors (e.g., relocation, assessment, software) including RFPs, contract negotiation, escalation of issues, etc.
- Partners with screening team that fills year round and seasonal staffing needs on assigned requisitions
- Directs day-to-day TA delivery operations based on mountain strategies, including budgets, team and individual staffing assignments, candidate sourcing channels, candidate flow and operational metrics
- Accountable to business managers for delivery on their entities’ requisitions
- Reports delivery status on requisitions to other relationship managers
- Leads strategic employment marketing and branding initiatives
- Leads job fairs, local college/university recruitment, and social media recruiting
- Oversees TA Managers to create an international staffing plan. Serves as SME on internal hiring process and systems
- Directs Field Management team to create and deliver ATS training and interviewing class schedules based on business demands
- Conducts strategic meetings with hiring managers to ensure accurate workforce demand planning and effective /timely posting schedule of seasonal and year round positions
- Conducts regularly scheduled meetings with resort-based HR Directors regarding staffing levels, TA programs, etc. Participates as an active member of all resort-based Human Resources teams
- Leads and/or participates in special projects such as optimization
- Responsible for development of recruiters’ increased knowledge, skills and abilities
- Conducts goal setting, performance evaluation, improvement plans and IDPs for direct reports
- Demonstrates a friendly and professional demeanor consistent with Vail Resorts’ values
- Manages a large, remote team to deliver a high-volume work load
- Provides professional communication and interaction in person, on the phone and through email
- Functions under competing priorities
- Ensures compliant hiring practices
- Partners with local HR team to ensure efficiency and compliance in Vail Resorts background check process
- Achieves all financial goals including meeting budget and following PO process
- Handles req. load for grade 27’s
- Travel up to 50% at peaks seasons
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
- 8+ years of full life cycle recruiting and/or high-volume recruiting, with progressive increasing responsibility.
- 5+ years of experience managing 10+ person teams.
- 3+ years of demonstrated success in process & project management.
- Proven experience leading and developing a team to achieve objectives.
- Experience successfully planning and delivering projects, programs and process improvements.
- Experience in recruitment marketing and branding, including social networks.
- Demonstrated experience building and maintaining business relationships.
- Experience successfully leading and implementing change.
- Proven ability to build internal and external customer/candidate relationships.
- Influential communication skills
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills.
- Demonstrated time management skills and ability to multi-task.
- Prior high volume recruiting experience in retail, seasonal, or other related environment.
- Strong stakeholder communication skills
- Ability to influence colleagues above and below current level
- Ability to successfully build relationships and interact with all levels in the organization, including executives.
We offer a variety of career opportunities at our world-class resorts and corporate headquarters near Boulder, Colorado in fields like Finance & Accounting, Human Resources, Information Technology, Legal, Public Affairs & Sustainability, Marketing, Sales & Communications and more. Our corporate team shares both a passion for the outdoors and a drive to re-imagine the mountain resort experience around the world. Learn more at www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 126630
5 months ago