Work for Vail Resorts
Senior Manager, Health & Safety - Beaver Creek Resort
Avon, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The Senior Health and Safety Manager is responsible for the development and implementation of all Health and Safety programs at Beaver Creek Resort which includes proactive management of employee injuries and guest liability incidents on the mountain, in our base areas, and our hospitality locations.
- Working collaboratively with the VP Health & Safety, Director of Risk, COOs and resort management team to design and deliver comprehensive safety management programs for the mountain resorts.
- Work closely with operations personnel and influence key-stakeholders to assure employee and guest safety is managed proactively day-to-day.
- Identify and implement programs/practices that promote a company-wide Safety Culture.
- Conduct incident investigations and identify opportunities for improvements for both employee and guest incidents.
- Effectively communicate incident investigation findings and assure completion of corrective actions.
- Support the implementation of company safety policies and programs to prevent unsafe work practices and to promote slope safety.
- Develop and present training programs related to health and safety.
- Prepare technical reports related to safe work requirements and provide recommendations to improve workplace safety.
- Provide creative solutions to generate employee and guest involvement in the safety processes.
- Review loss information and provide information on trends for employee and guest safety.
- Conduct facility audits related to safety and health.
- Provide technical support to resort on all subject matter related to safety.
- Establish a strong presence in mountain operations and work closely with various levels of management.
- Advising senior mountain management on the goals, successes and plans of the Health and Safety programs, including compliance status and improvements needed.
- Participation in the resort management weekly meetings; and attending various operational meetings.
- Responding to incidents and having availability 24/7.
- Work collaboratively with the Work Comp Department and Legal to assure proper claims management.
- Leading and facilitating Safety Best Practice Groups as assigned.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of relevant business experience
- Bachelors degree in health and safety or equivalent experience required
- Ability to influence
- Excellent communication and presentation skills a must
- Self motivated and highly organized with excellent project management skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Access, Excel and Outlook)
- Good knowledge of OSHA and other applicable regulations
- Adept skier or snowboarder
- Knowledge of ski area operations a plus
- Regular travel within Colorado and some travel to out of state properties
- Excellent communication skills; strong teamwork
We’re looking for team members whose legendary attention to detail and commitment to phenomenal service comes naturally. Pursue a lifestyle that will elevate your expectation of what work can look like. Nothing is too big or too small for the staff to bravely pursue and elevate the expectations of the guest. Do you possess a calling for delivering world-class events and amenities? Then Beaver Creek is for you. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 126907
7 months ago