Work for Vail Resorts
Senior Manager: Activities - Heavenly
South Lake Tahoe, CA, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Job Summary: The Senior Manager of Activities will direct and monitor quality of guest experiences in on-mountain activities to ensure exceptional service delivery, alignment with resort and company goals, financial success, development of future products/programs, guest safety, hiring, and professional growth of all staff.
Adventure Peak at Heavenly is a year round mountain-top destination for family fun. There are numerous summer and winter activities that include but are not limited to: zip lines, ropes courses, tubing hill, canopy tours, 4x4 mountain tours, rock climbing wall, a series of educational learn-through-play exhibits and a variety of kid’s mountain activities.
- Drives overall success of the Epic Discovery and Mountain Activities operation; to include the guest and staff experiences and business performance.
- Collaborate with mountain operations and other departments to ensure accountability for the quality and maintenance of all summer and winter activity operations.
- Demonstrates strong example of Vail Resorts core values of: Serve Others, Do Good, Drive Value, Be Safe, Do Right, and Have Fun.
- Embodies and works toward exceeding expectations on Vail Resorts leadership competencies of: Out Front, Connect, Drive, Develop, Passion, and Re-Imagine.
- Partner on development of new summer and winter activities
- Oversight of summer and winter activity operations staff including hiring, training, achieving staffing goals and managing performance to meet service, safety and financial goals.
- Develop budgets with COO/GM, Sr. Director of Mountain Operations and Sr. Director of the Activities Line of Business, and manage according to corporate and departmental guidelines.
- Create and implement an operations plan to manage the business to pre-determined margins. The operations plan includes consideration of summer and year round revenue opportunities, labor ratios management, expense control and the quality guest and staff experience.
- Evaluate and implement ways to improve guest service and teamwork within summer and winter activities operations teams and across enterprise teams.
- Communicate actively with Sr. Director of Mountain Operations, COO/GM, operations departments and resort senior leadership team. Partner on a wide range of resort and departmental issues.
- Manage capital projects in conjunction with mountain planning staff and design and construction team.
- Responsible for guest and employee safety throughout the operation, including compliance with OSHA and state regulatory operating requirements.
- In conjunction with manufacturers and the resort Health and Safety team, develop and maintain the training programs for all staff related to daily operations and emergency response that meets all applicable codes and regulations.
- Oversee and coordinate the daily, weekly, monthly, and annual inspections and testing, including documentation for all activities and scheduling annual compliance inspections.
- 3 Years previous experience in Product Sales Management; and/or Guest Service Management; and/or Operational Management - Required
- Experience managing in the recreation/vacation/leisure industry; leading a complex, multi-functional team - Required
- Supervisory experience: high level leadership experience – staff of 3+ managers and 100+ staff - Required
- 8 or more years resort/park operations experience - Required
- Excellent organizational and communication skills - Required
- Proficient in MS Office - Required
- Valid driver's license - Required
- Familiarity with CPTSB, OSHA, ASTM, ACCT and other regulatory agencies - Desired
If you want to work for a different kind of ski resort, you’ve found your perfect match at Heavenly. With a massive mountain full of off-the-grid terrain and incredible views of Lake Tahoe, Heavenly is for those who want to go big and forge their own path. From on-mountain concerts to world-famous après ski parties and a one-of-a-kind DJ CAT, Heavenly exudes high-energy from first chair to last call. Come be a part of the team committed to delivering a refreshingly unique ski experience. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 126217
Tourism - Travel
5 months ago