Work for Vail Resorts
Senior Director of Marketing- Tahoe Region
Truckee, CA, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
We are in search of a Senior Director of Marketing who will lead the teams responsible for building the business and the brands of Vail Resorts’ three signature ski resorts in the Lake Tahoe region, Northstar, Heavenly and Kirkwood.
Based out of Northstar at California resort, the Senior Marketing Director will oversee the teams leading the marketing-related initiatives for the resorts, including building the resorts’ brands, generating all creative and content assets and elements, achieving visitation goals, driving resort line of business revenue objectives, and activating the brand in-resort as part of the resorts’ guest experience.
He/she will play a critical part in setting the growth strategy, business plans, and brand development efforts of these three resorts. This role partners closely with the Vail Resorts centralized marketing functions and several other departments to drive growth and meet business objectives.
A successful candidate for this position is a proven leader of high performing teams, is assertive, gets out front of the competition and trends, re-thinks the status-quo, is innovative in their approach, rigorous in their analysis, and disciplined about holding themselves and their teams accountable for results.
Candidates must have proven examples of owning and driving both business and employee development agendas with measurable success. Candidates also must have strong collaborative and consensus-building skills, operate with positive intent, and enjoy investing time and interest into high-functioning team dynamics to develop their staff and themselves as leaders.
• Develop and manage strategies to build the position of the resort brands in the marketplace.
• Develop and manage the teams responsible for delivering all aspects of the creative and content needed to fuel the resorts’ marketing efforts, including but not limited to: online marketing and e-commerce, advertising, direct and e-mail marketing, website content, video elements, event marketing, collateral materials, and promotions.
- Own and drive a development agenda to unlock the leadership potential of high-performing teams
• Drive revenue for all resort businesses, including lodging, conference groups, mountain dining, lift tickets and season passes, ski and snowboard school, rentals, activities and more.
• Develop relationships with important community organizations and constituencies relative to marketing
initiatives, brand strategy/standards, community-wide initiatives.
• Serve as a respected community and industry leader and act as the resort representative on local
boards and associations.
• Work closely with the centralized marketing departments to identify & maximize revenue opportunities and establish strategies to drive growth.
• Develop and work within budgets with discipline related to achieving strategic objectives.
• Serve as a member of the resorts’ Senior Leadership Teams and share ownership in driving overall performance of the resorts and development of the long-term vision for success.
Based on Vail Resorts’ core leadership competencies the Sr. Director of Marketing will:
- Drive: Lead strategy, develop and manage overall marketing strategies and campaigns for the resorts. Partner with the leadership teams and corporate business units to create marketing strategies that support our mission statement (Experience of a Lifetime) and drive business/revenue objectives.
- Re-Imagine: Successful at creating innovative marketing strategies; get out-front of the competition and trends; rethink the status-quo, is innovative, but rigorous in their analytics.
- Connect: Build powerful relationships with multiple marketing partners, resort operations, resort finance, and other divisions, to reach revenue and business goals in resort and hospitality.
- Out Front: Serve as a respected community industry leader and act as the resort representative on local boards and associations,
- Develop: Provide leadership and direction to the team. Identify coaching and mentoring opportunities. Foster and develop a culture of teamwork, employee development, and accountability.
- Passion: Demonstrate an unyielding passion for the guest experience, culture, mission and vision. Lead by example and inspire others to follow
• Prior corporate budget responsibility
• Degree in marketing or equivalent experience
• 7+ years of experience in marketing, preferable with experience in branding, travel/tourism, lodging, conference,mountain resorts and/or leisure activity businesses
• 5+ years experience of leading and managing high-performing teams
Skiing / snowboarding intermediate level proficiency preferred
With diverse tree-lined mountain trails, a world-class terrain park and a vibrant village, Northstar is the perfect setting for families and snow sports enthusiasts alike. Nestled in the Sierra Nevada just 15 minutes from Lake Tahoe, 30 minutes from Reno and a few hours from Napa and San Francisco, it’s easy to explore everything Northern California has to offer. Join the Northstar team and learn why Truckee, CA has been voted one of the “Top 25 Ski Towns in the World.” www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 125596
3 months ago