Work for Vail Resorts
Senior Director of Finance- Eagle County
Vail, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The Mountain Finance Team is committed to Building Leaders and Driving Value. The team performs comprehensive financial planning, forecasting and analysis to enable the company to align its resources with the achievement of its strategic goals- both long term and short term. The Mountain Finance team works closely with the resort leadership and management team, along with the broader Finance organization in Broomfield.
The Sr. Director of Finance role oversees all the Resort Operations Financial Planning & Analysis functions within Eagle County (Vail and Beaver Creek) and is directly responsible for the following areas:
- Leads the planning and forecasting functions (long term strategic planning, annual capital budget, annual operating budget, and monthly forecasts) across Eagle County
- Ensures strong financial controls and process compliance at the resorts
- Provides resort level financial analysis for the COO’s and business managers to aid in real-time and longer-term strategic decision making processes
- Leads the Eagle County financial analyst team
- Ensures close business partnership with the operational teams
- Owns the Eagle County financial forecasts and budgets to ensure there is alignment on priorities and business outlook
- Identifies areas of improvement and opportunities at the resort and proactively communicate with managers, COO’s and Mountain Finance team with recommendations
- Supports key finance and/or resort strategic projects and initiatives to drive process improvement and deliver deeper insights on critical business decisions
- Active member of the Vail Mountain o the Senior Leadership Teams at the resorts
- 10+ years’ experience in a finance or related role
- 3+ years in a divisional or regional based role
- 3+ years leading teams in a matrixed organization
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and handle detailed financial concepts
- Bachelors Degree required; MBA preferred
We offer a variety of career opportunities at our world-class resorts and corporate headquarters near Boulder, Colorado in fields like Finance & Accounting, Human Resources, Information Technology, Legal, Public Affairs & Sustainability, Marketing, Sales & Communications and more. Our corporate team shares both a passion for the outdoors and a drive to re-imagine the mountain resort experience around the world. Learn more at www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 126627
3 months ago