Work for Vail Resorts
Security Patrol Officer - Keystone Emergency Services
Keystone, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Keystone Emergency Services is looking for outgoing, friendly, guest service-oriented individuals to join our team this winter. Mountain Security Safety Officers ensure that all areas of the resort are in order and undisturbed and that the resort remains free of safety hazards. Further, Officers ensure the safety of our guests and engage in constant public and guest relations. Officers will have contact with many county services such as Fire Department, Sheriffs, Forestry Service etc.
Other job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct pedestrian and traffic control of thousands of vehicles and people entering and exiting throughout the day (we average approximately 1 million visitors per year)
- Patrol front and back of house areas, reporting any breach of security to Security Manager and/or Security Supervisor.
- Patrol employee housing consisting of approximately 2500 units and 4000 employees
- Coordinate flight pad security with medical (Flight For Life) and/or law enforcement personnel
- Patrol food outlets, restaurant, and bars at 11,000 feet and above by riding Gondola and lift chairs
- Process incident reports and communicate accordingly.
- Patrol 7 miles of property in a security vehicle
- Should be comfortable driving 4 wheel ATV's on the mountain or roads
- Performs guest and employee services such as vehicle lock-outs, opening building doors, and guest assist rides when needed.
- Conducts parking enforcement by monitoring parking violations and issuing parking citations to include towing and vehicle immobilization procedures
- Performs foot patrols and vehicle patrols through all Mountain Base areas and reports on unsafe conditions, fire hazards and security issues.
- Conducts investigations when directed concerning Accident, Employee, and/or Security Incidents on property.
- Coordinates efforts with outside agencies such as Summit County Sheriff's Office, Summit County Ambulance Service, Fire Protection District and the Colorado State Patrol.
- Maintains accurate daily logs and other records of all activities throughout the shift. Must be able to accurately write, investigate, and input reports into electronic report writing systems.
- Valid Driver's License and clean driving record
- At least 2 years of formal Resort Security experience - preferred
- At least 2 years hospitality guest service experience preferably in a resort setting- preferred
- Must have knowledge and experience dealing with emergencies
- Knowledge and experience with Traffic Control procedures - preferred
- Knowledge of security processes - preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs
- Able to be on your feet for up to 8 hours and work in inclement weather
- Strong communication skills, able to work with a diversity of staff and guests
- Willingness to work flexible schedule including weekend and holidays
Interesting and Informational Links:
- Find out more about Vail Resorts Recruitment and “like” our page on Facebook
- Find out more about Keystone Resort
- Find out more about our Company Policies
We’re looking for team members who are passionate about their work and the world around them, who take pride in ensuring our guests receive the best possible service, and who bring a sense of self and fun to all they do. Life at 9,280 feet in the sky is a little different. With our crisp Rocky Mountain air and vast options for adventure and exploring, you can join a community who loves where they live and love what they do. Keystone will be your home away from home, with its warmth, friendliness and unequaled eye for detail. Come join our team – where A Mountain of Possibilities awaits. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 127262
Tourism - Travel
3 months ago