Work for Vail Resorts
Security Manager - Kirkwood
Kirkwood, CA, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Job Summary: The Security Manager will maintain safety and integrity of resort operations; including responding to both employee and guests’ incidents. Service and Security areas include: Loss Prevention, Facility Security, Fire, Employee Facility Security, Life Safety, and Industrial Safety.
- Respond promptly and professionally to guest and employee problems and requests.
- Interviewing, hiring, scheduling, payroll processing of employees and applicants.
- Work closely with local law enforcement and regulatory agencies.
- Handle internal and external investigations as assigned.
- Training, staff development and progressive discipline, including proper documentation thereof.
- Ensure proper employee safety standards are met with prompt reporting of incidents.
- Manages departmental budget.
- Oversees company lost and found.
- Adhere to all regulatory requirements for security personnel, including PPSO.
- Create and implement new policies and procedures when necessary.
- Ensure daily shift pass down reports are completed and proper follow up with individuals and departments takes place.
- Assist with traffic control and parking enforcement.
- Handle the security needs at resort and employee events.
- Assist with policy enforcement at employee housing.
- Ensure the proper use of company equipment and vehicles.
- Ensure prompt and accurate reporting if property damage.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Participate in Base Operations weekly meetings
- Be an active participant in Kirkwood and Vail initiatives and functions
- Operate and conduct business with the Vail Values in mind
- Maintain a neat and clean appearance and meet the Kirkwood appearance and uniform policy
- Collect all pertinent data from tenants, including vehicle information, emergency contacts, work departments, work supervisors, etc
- High School Diploma or GED is required.
- Ability to speak read and communicate clearly in English. Ability to read and comprehend complex correspondence.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in loss prevention, Security, law enforcement or related field.
- Professionalism and strong guest service skills, attention to detail and timeliness.
- Flexible schedule required during peak times throughout the year.
- Minimum 5 years previous supervisory experience.
- Must hold California Guard Card.
- Must have current CPR Certification or the ability to obtain upon hire.
- Must be well versed in behavioral interviewing, de-escalation tactics and restorative conversations.
- Must have excellent computer skills, including: Microsoft Office, Excel and Outlook.
- Must have the ability to learn new software systems.
- Must be able to lift and carry 50 pounds.
- Must be able to stand for up to 6 hours at a time.
- Must have a clean driving record and valid US Drivers License.
- Associates or Bachelors Degree from an accredited University.
- Ability to communicate in Spanish.
- California BSIS Qualified PPO Manager
Kirkwood is for those that embrace the big mountain lifestyle and are as passionate about skiing and riding as they are about creating amazing experiences for our guests. Magical, raw, expansive and remote…Kirkwood is the stuff of legend. We’re famous for legendary snowfall, challenging inbounds terrain, backcountry guided tours and premier avalanche education programs. Those that come here come for an adventure unique to Kirkwood! Join our close-knit team working at one of the most stunning alpine resorts in the country. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 127808
Tourism - Travel
3 months ago