Work for Vail Resorts
Scanning Supervisor - Kirkwood
Kirkwood, CA, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Job Summary: Kirkwood's Scanning Services team is looking for a seasonal full time Scanning Supervisor for the 2016-17 Winter Season. The Scanning Supervisor is responsible for supervising the day-to-day operations in the Scanning Department and leading their team in outstanding Guest Services while scanning at the lifts. The Supervisor works and reports directly to the Product Sales and Services Assistant Manager. We are looking for an organized individual who is positive, outgoing, has a passion for the outdoors, is well disciplined, and takes pride in their work.
Additional responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Supervises the daily operations and functions of the Ticket Scanning Department leading the team by example in Guest Services;
- Seasonal employee supervising including: training, scheduling, performance reviews, and disciplinary actions;
- Work outdoors in all weather conditions including snow or sunshine;
- Troubleshoot handheld scanners and programming;
- Ability to understand all ticket and pass products and the benefits associated with each for the purpose of enforcing Kirkwood’s policies;
- Coordinates staffing schedules and schedule request while being responsible for day-to-day efficient staffing levels;
- Enforces company policy in regards to theft of services while remaining discretionary in actions taken;
- Responsible for tracking employee incentives/commissions given out within the Ticket Scanning department;
- Provides professional customer service regarding all aspects of Kirkwood Mountain Resort;
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of people and have the ability to maintain a positive attitude;
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently or within a group, and proceed with objectives without supervision;
- Ability to delegate responsibilities to coworkers;
- Performs other related duties as assigned by PSS Assistant Manager;
- All employees are to understand and abide by the rules of the mountain and help to ensure the guest know them as well;
- Recognize existing and potential problems and suggest resolutions within the department.
- Own, Personalize, and Elevate the Scanning Department in achieving the "Experience of a Lifetime" by elevating Guest Service standards!
- Guest Service experience;
- Able to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays;
- Able to stand for long periods of time;
- Ability to read, write, speak, and comprehend English language proficiently;
- Supervisory experience in high paced work environment;
- 2 year Guest Service Experience;
- Skill in customer relations, communications, and problem solving;
- Microsoft Office proficient (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher);
Kirkwood is for those that embrace the big mountain lifestyle and are as passionate about skiing and riding as they are about creating amazing experiences for our guests. Magical, raw, expansive and remote…Kirkwood is the stuff of legend. We’re famous for legendary snowfall, challenging inbounds terrain, backcountry guided tours and premier avalanche education programs. Those that come here come for an adventure unique to Kirkwood! Join our close-knit team working at one of the most stunning alpine resorts in the country. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 126991
Tourism - Travel
6 months ago