Work for Vail Resorts
Sales / Cashier - Telluride Sports - Franz Klammer - Full Time and Part Time
Telluride, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
As a Vail Resorts Retail Associate you get to work with some of the industries leading brands, including K2, Salomon, Burton, Spyder, Descente, Arcteryx and The North Face to name just a few. As a VRR Associate you can take advantage of ski schedules, where you can work a morning, afternoon or split shift, merchandise discounts available across all our company stores, access to 3point5.com discounts, alternating free tune and demo coupons bi-weekly with paychecks, in store storage for your skis and snowboards, opportunity for development, and for the right person to progress into a career with Vail Resorts.
The role of the Sales/Cashier is to be responsible for accurately and efficiently processing store sales through the use of a cash register. Generate sales by establishing professional and personalized rapport with customers and delivering world-class guest service.
- Provide customers with highest level of customer service expected for assigned department through professional, courteous and knowledgeable assistance to ensure individualized needs are met with respect to equipment, product, and/or merchandise questions
- Complete sales transactions by accurately and efficiently ringing up customer sales
- Responsible for following all company standards in regards to paperwork, cash management and loss prevention
- Ensure an enthusiastic and professional level of customer service at all times
- Maintain a neat and organized work area
- Answer store phones courteously and professionally
- Call for additional assistance if a line develops to ensure proper guest satisfaction
- Education - HS Diploma or GED Equivalent
- Work Experience - No prior work experience required, experience in a retail environment or equivalent relevant experience preferred
- Computer Skill - Basic computer skills with ability to learn
- Language Skills - English Fluency
- Other Requirements - Excellent customer service skills, ability to handle multiple customers and projects at one time, ability to troubleshoot and elevate questions or concerns to management.
- Preferred Skills - Average math skills and merchandising
Some of the benefits include:
- Ski and snowboard pass to Telluride Ski Resort, for employees who work 30+ hours a week
- Ski and snowboard pass to Vail Resorts world-class resorts
- Employee discounts at Vail Resorts retail stores
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Auto, Home and Pet Insurance
- Excellent training and professional development
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug plans, for employees who have completed 750 hours of work
- 401 (k) Retirement Plan, for employees who have completed 750 hours of work
Our Telluride Retail team has been providing gear and guidance since 1972, catering to those drawn to America’s Best Ski Resort. Not only does our Telluride Retail team enjoy the amazing benefits of getting to work in Telluride, CO but as part of the larger Vail Resorts family – all of our employees receive access to Telluride & the resorts that Vail Resorts operates in CO. Work with people that take customer service to the next level and cater to gear-heads and fashionistas alike. Grow your career further than you could imagine being part of the Vail Resorts family – starting with Telluride. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 126881
6 months ago