Work for Vail Resorts
Room Service - The Marriott
Vail, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The Room Service Server is responsible for ensuring that all Resort guests have the highest quality food and beverage in-room dining experience possible. Provides exceptional service levels in all interactions with owners, guests, co-workers and management. Sets the highest example of quality, efficiency and professionalism by adhering to the Marriott standards .
Responsibilites include, but are not limited to:
- Ensures that the guest experience is pleasant in regard to telephone order taking, in-room presentation, quality of food & beverage products and efficiency in table/tray clean up by adhering to the department’s brand standards.
- Consistently adheres to the uniform standards and always looks clean, neat and professional.
- Responsible for consistently providing exceptional telephone service skills and a professional, cheerful tone of voice. Accurately takes in-room dining orders and offers food and beverage suggestions.
- Accurately inputs all orders into the point of sale system and communicates any special requests to the kitchen. Correctly settles all checks to the proper account. Handles all table/tray set up paying special attention to cleanliness and proper presentation/position of settings.
- Delivers all orders within the specified time frame.
- Ensures all orders are correct and that all accompaniments are provided.
- Calls guests/owners by name and remains professional and competent while setting up the in room dining presentation according to the brand standards.
- Pro-actively follows up on all in-room dining experiences by checking on the satisfaction of the owner/guest and offering to remove tables/trays within two hours of delivering the order.
- Responsible for doing floor sweeps every two hours to ensure the corridors and service elevator landings are free of room service tables, trays, dishes and amenities.
- Reads daily schedule of events, VIP list, BEOs/resumes to prepare for each shift and upcoming events.
- Responsible for the completion of all side work that is assigned by the captain/manager. Maintains a neat and clean department and leads the charge in the resorts’ commitment to environmental efforts and recycling.
- Capable of working as part of a cohesive team and maintaining a positive, proactive attitude.
- Practices safe work habits in all types of duties and with all equipment.
- Oversees the compliance of state liquor laws and all health regulations.
- Complies with all Resort policies, procedures and standards of operation.
- Must be able to assist in other outlets, including: First Chair, Avalanche Pub and Starbucks during slow periods of the year.
- Performs any additional tasks or projects as required.
- Must be a High School Graduate or have a GED. -required
- Must have 1 year of guest service. -required
- Must have ability to effectively communicate in English to guests, vendors and employees. -required
- Bilingual English/Spanish. -preferred
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds. -required
- Must be able to stand and walk for up to 8 hours. -required
- Must be able to work a varied schedule including weekends and holidays. -required
- In person interviews. -required
- Resumes. -required
Schedule is five days a week mornings and evenings.
Be a part of the resort where it all started. Imagine belonging to a team that delivers the life of luxury to its guests while infusing the mountain lifestyle in every experience. Are you someone that never settles for second best? Take your mountain exploration to the next level and join a passionate group of people who thrive on extraordinary customer service. Come help us deliver unparalleled adventures in a place that is unrivaled and unflinching. Join the team at Vail – a place that’s Like Nothing on Earth. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 127868
5 months ago