Work for Vail Resorts
Ripperoo Mascot - Ski and Ride School
Park City, UT, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The Ripperoo Mascot is responsible for promoting the Park City Ski and Snowboard School through interaction with resort guests and the community. Ripperoo dances, hugs, and gives high-fives, sharing his/her passion for the mountain life style with children and their families throughout the Resort Village and Plaza areas, children's lunch locations, and during the Ripperoo parade and flash mobs. Ripperoo must remain in costume and always works with a handler to provide a safe work environment. The mascot is responsible for working closely with the Epic Mix and other photo staff to provide daily photo opportunities for our guests.
Applicants must possess high levels of energy, a desire to dance, and be animated and willing to entertain all guests. The Mascot must also be available for promotional events outside regular work hours i.e. “Ripperoo Red Carpet”.
Responsibilities vary daily according to assignments.
- Must be at least 16 years of age or older
- High school diploma or equivalent - required
- Previous work in entertainment, drama, acting - preferred
- Must be comfortable in a confining suit that is very warm and must be willing and able to stay in character while in costume - required
- Ability to work outside in adverse weather conditions – required
- Ability to stand for long periods of time - required
- Ability to work directly with young children and a minimum of 2 years previous experience with children - highly preferred
- Ability to work weekends and holidays, as well as extended hours for special events - required
- Successful completion of the Background check - required
- Ability to read, speak and understand English conversationally - required
Becoming part of the Park City team means you’re joining one of the best ski brands in the world. The legendary Park City mountain and town are crafted from local charm and hospitality. And living and working in Park City brings its own benefits. From the hip and friendly ski-into-town cultural scene to the unrivaled Wasatch powder of America’s largest mountain resort, Park City has a pulse that’s as charming as it is rewarding. Join our team and come experience all that Park City has to offer. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 126709
Tourism - Travel
6 months ago