Work for Vail Resorts
Ripperoo Mascot - Beaver Creek Ski and Snowboard School - FT & PT
Avon, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The Ripperoo Mascot is responsible for promoting the Ski and Snowboard School through interaction with resort guests and the community. The Ripperoo character helps create a fantasy for children by providing entertainment while they learn mountain safety and develop skiing/snowboarding skills in a fun environment. Ripperoo must remain in costume and always works with a handler to provide a safe work environment. Ripperoo provides hugs and high fives for children and their families in the resort village, in the children's lunch locations, on the hill, and during the Ripperoo parade. The mascot is responsible for working closely with the Epic Mix photo staff to provide daily on mountain photo opportunities for our guests.
Applicants must be advanced lever skiers proficient enough to ski in costume with limited visibility. He/She must possess high levels of energy, be animated and willing to entertain all guests. The Mascot must also must be available for promotional events. Responsibilities vary daily according to assignments.
- Must provide resume
- Must be 18 years of age or older - required
- High school diploma or equivalent - required
- Must be advanced skier, level 7 - required (this is a skiing position)
- Previous work in entertainment, drama, acting - preferred
- Must be comfortable in a confining suit that is very warm and must be willing and able to stay in character while in costume - required
- Ability to work outside in adverse weather conditions - required
- Ability to stand for long periods of time - required
- Ability to work directly with young children and a minimum of 2 years previous experience with children - highly preferred
- Ability to work weekends and holidays - required
- Must commit to working through to the end of the winter season (April 10, 2016) - required
- Successful completion of the Background check - required
- Ability to read, speak and understand English conversationally - required
- Ability to communicate in Spanish – preferred
We’re looking for team members whose legendary attention to detail and commitment to phenomenal service comes naturally. Pursue a lifestyle that will elevate your expectation of what work can look like. Nothing is too big or too small for the staff to bravely pursue and elevate the expectations of the guest. Do you possess a calling for delivering world-class events and amenities? Then Beaver Creek is for you. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 123029
Tourism - Travel
4 months ago