Work for Vail Resorts
Revenue Accounting Senior Assistant
Broomfield, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The Revenue Accounting Senior Assistant is responsible for maintaining accurate and timely reporting related to transactions originating from the Spas across our resort locations. The position will be heavily involved in the mountain Point of Sale system reconciling accounts and researching issues as they arise. The position will also be responsible for auditing any Doubletree at Breckenridge activity and interfacing their revenue with the General Ledger.
- Analyze and post revenue generated from mountain spa locations across the company
- Reconcile accounts associated with our Spa, Lodging, and Mountain point of sales systems to ensure accurate and timely reporting of the financials
- Audit Doubletree at Breckenridge revenue and cash received in order to ensure accuracy of the financial statements
- Perform monthly journal entries to appropriately recognize and adjust revenue relating to on-mountain revenue
- Work with the Product Management team to test products in the system verifying they have the proper accounting set up and correcting any problems
- Collaborate with the Revenue Audit team to brainstorm process efficiencies
- Ensure compliance with VRI and SOX requirements
- Assist with miscellaneous projects that arise
- Other duties as assigned
- College Degree in Accounting/Finance, preferred
- 1-2 years of Accounting experience
- Strong experience working with Microsoft Excel and ability to learn new systems
- Knowledge of Vail Resorts revenue flow
Success in the Position will depend on:
- Work effectively with others across the Company
- Effectiveness of multitasking and prioritization in order to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong work ethic
- Willingness to take ownership in work quality
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to adapt and build on processes for a growing company
- Demonstrate Vail Resorts Core Values: Do Right, Drive Value, Serve Others, Have Fun, Do Good, Be Safe
We offer a variety of career opportunities at our world-class resorts and corporate headquarters near Boulder, Colorado in fields like Finance & Accounting, Human Resources, Information Technology, Legal, Public Affairs & Sustainability, Marketing, Sales & Communications and more. Our corporate team shares both a passion for the outdoors and a drive to re-imagine the mountain resort experience around the world. Learn more at www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 127764
3 months ago