Work for Vail Resorts
Restaurant Supervisor - The Lodge at Vail
Vail, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Responsible for ensuring that all resort guests have the highest quality food and beverage experience possible. Handle all F&B duties according to hotel policies, procedures, internal rules and brand standards. Ownership of guest issues, billing inquiries and ensures courteous and prompt guest service. Responsible to assist managers in hiring/staffing, training, performance management, and scheduling. Responsible for achieving forecasted labor targets. Manages the flow and proper execution of all al a carte and beverage operations.
- Ensures that the guest experience is pleasant in regard to atmosphere, service and quality of food and beverage products by adhering to the resort brand standards. Consistently touches tables, supervises flow of host stand and proper seating plan. Ensure product and services stays consistent during varying levels of business.
- Assists in the selection, training, supervision, scheduling and success of all Cucina & In-Room Dining employees and beverage staff members.
- Capable of creating a motivational atmosphere and a cohesive team through effective communication techniques and a culture of trust with her superiors, peers and direct reports.
- Follows up on all emails, guests requests, duties and tasks whenever on duty to ensure timely and accurate completion.
- Is actively involved in the operation through daily presence at hotsos meeting, daily review of Market Metrix performance, and daily interaction with the staff and resort guests.
- Demonstrates proactive leadership qualities in the daily operation.
- Exhibits a professional demeanor through appearance and by maintaining a positive attitude toward all employees and guests.
- Responsible for the dining room and bar's appearance, consistency of set up, food and beverage service, quality of the experience, and the security and storage of all Cucina and IRD product.
- Coordinates daily pre-shift and post-shift huddles to educate the staff on resort information and conduct daily training on brand standard.
- Ensures that all employees are in proper uniform and executing all aspects of their job, completion of the MOD checklist, as well as the daily duties according to the Vail/RockResorts brand standards.
- Responsible for various administrative tasks including: scheduling to the forecasted business levels, posting weekly schedules in a timely manner, ensuring par levels are maintained and that all equipment is on hand and in excellent condition.
- Adheres to the departmental budget and payroll forecasting to lessen the amount of overtime.
- Maintains excellent communication between different departments in the resort as well as within Cucina & In-Room Dining and proactively communicates information to departments that are impacted by Cucina events.
- Works together with F&B GM to set high expectation of performance for all Front of House F&B employees.
- Responsible for attending numerous resort wide meetings and communicating all relevant information to the appropriate department(s).
- Oversees the compliance of state liquor laws and all health regulations.
- Complies with all resort policies, procedures and standards of operation.
- Ensures smooth operation and clean appearance of the pool and Pool One Outlet.
- Performs any additional tasks or projects as required or requested by management team.
- High school diploma or equivalent. -required
- Current TIPS certification for responsible service of alcohol. -required
- Minimum of 2 years experience as a supervisor or manager in an upscale Food & Beverage hotel/resort. -preferred
- Familiar with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel and Outlook. -required
- Must be able to effectively present detailed information both verbally and in written form to guests and employees. -required
- Ability to read and comprehend complex correspondence. -required
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English both written and verbal. -required
- Must be able to lift at least 40 pounds. -required
- Experienced in all phases of Food & Beverage operations. -required
- Point of Sales experience. –required
Be a part of the resort where it all started. Imagine belonging to a team that delivers the life of luxury to its guests while infusing the mountain lifestyle in every experience. Are you someone that never settles for second best? Take your mountain exploration to the next level and join a passionate group of people who thrive on extraordinary customer service. Come help us deliver unparalleled adventures in a place that is unrivaled and unflinching. Join the team at Vail – a place that’s Like Nothing on Earth. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 126220
5 months ago