Work for Vail Resorts
Resort Reservationist - Product Sales & Services
Truckee, CA, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The Resort Reservationist is a part of the Product Sales & Service Department. The Product Sales & Service Department is a high-volume department with a large amount of guest service interaction. This position is responsible for satisfying and exceeding guest expectations by delivering outstanding guest experiences through phone conversations. Reservationists must have the ability to learn a lot of detailed information quickly, and convey it to our guests correctly and efficiently. The majority of these positions start in November/December and end in late-March to mid-April, depending on call volume and weather. The starting wage for this position is $11/hour, depending on experience and position placement.
This position is located at the Northstar Season Pass Call Center and it handles all incoming calls related to the resort INCLUDING all ski school reservations, not including Lodging.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Create reservations in our POS system, for our guests, while gathering specific and necessary data for each reservation
- Ability to handle high volume of customer interaction while delivering exceptional service; internal & external guests
- Communicate in a courteous and respectful manner to all internal and external guests
- Create a fun and professional work experience while communicating in a courteous and respectful manner
- Ability to learn, understand and effectively communicate with the guest about multiple product types and can easily adapt to changing pricing and product offerings.
- Make suitable recommendations on products to meet the guests’ needs and the business objectives.
- Professionally assist and follow through with resolution of guest complaints; handle concerns and suggestions
- Perform daily sales and closing and be held responsible for end of day point of sale audit
- Work on a computer with a high degree of accuracy and efficient speed
- Must be able to interact with and engage the guest while working on a computer at the same time
- Follow company/department policies and procedures
- Participate in resort and departmental trainings and development courses.
- Willing to cross-train and work in all areas/locations of PSS
- Take initiative to perform duties which facilitate operations and maintain cleanliness of your work area while paying attention to detail
- Promote and embrace Vail Resort’s Mission and Values; provide a safe work environment; implement Vail Resort’s mountain service essentials, strategies, policies and procedures
- Perform other duties as appropriate
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Proficient on Microsoft applications and/or POS software
- Strong navigation and search skills on internet sites
- Ability to communicate fluently and effectively in English
- Typing skills with an emphasis on data collection
- Ability to answer questions and speak intelligently about all resort products
- Fun, outgoing personality traits
- Take timeliness and deliverable tasks seriously
- Ability to use proper English and grammar in speech and writing at all times
- Ability to develop a quick rapport with guests
- Ability to stay calm in busy and stressful situations
- Ability to multi-task and focus on the guest in a busy, and often distracting workplace
- Ability to sit at a desk, in a cubicle, for the entirety of your shift
- Ability to use a wireless phone headset for the entirety of your shift
- Ability to answer each phone call with professionalism and friendliness; in the winter season, our office takes approximately 600-1400+ phone calls a day
- Ability to talk on the phone at a soft volume
- Ability to work any shift, including holidays and weekend shifts.
- Must be at least 18 years of age, or 16 years of age with a work permit
- Prior experience with (resort) POS software
- Previous guest service experience
- College Degree
- Cash handling experience
- Outdoor Enthusiasts
With diverse tree-lined mountain trails, a world-class terrain park and a vibrant village, Northstar is the perfect setting for families and snow sports enthusiasts alike. Nestled in the Sierra Nevada just 15 minutes from Lake Tahoe, 30 minutes from Reno and a few hours from Napa and San Francisco, it’s easy to explore everything Northern California has to offer. Join the Northstar team and learn why Truckee, CA has been voted one of the “Top 25 Ski Towns in the World.” www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 126894
Tourism - Travel
about 1 month ago