Work for Vail Resorts
Resort Conference & Event Manager
Vail, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The Resort Conference and Event Manager oversees planning to ensure our group/event guests have the highest quality experience possible while maintaining a profitable department. Prepares conference/event materials, writes detailed group resumes and Banquet Event Orders. Works closely with the F&B, culinary, hotel, mountain, CME & VRR teams to coordinate functions, events and all aspects of group experience (hotel events, transportation, lift tickets, ski school, racing, on mountain activities).
Essential Job Functions:
- Acts as liaison between field sales person and customer throughout the event process (pre-event, event, post-event).
- Oversees his/her customer experiences from file turnover through the post event phase until turnover back to sales.
- Is actively involved in the operation through daily interaction with both the staff and guests.
- Exhibits a professional demeanor through appearance and by maintaining a positive attitude toward all associates and guests.
- Ensures that the guest experience is pleasant in regard to atmosphere, service and quality of food and beverage products by adhering to the resort performance standards.
- Prepares professional correspondence for customers, internal booking reports and file maintenance. Prepares and adheres to event department budget.
- Meets with meeting planners and conference planning managers as needed to coordinate function details.
- Attends BEO and resume meetings. Communicates relevant information to the operational areas in an accurate and timely manner.
- Ensures billing accuracy and conducts bill reviews with the clients prior to processing final bill.
- Identifies operational challenges associated with his/her group and works with the hotel staff and customer to solve these challenges and/or develop alternative solutions.
- Manages group room blocks and meeting space for assigned groups.
- Develops strong working relationships with other department managers and directors to ensure communication and teamwork is at an optimum.
- Complies with all resort policies, procedures and standards of operation.
- Performs any additional tasks or projects as required.
- College Degree or equivalent. -required
- Above average proficiency with Microsoft Office. -required
- Minimum of 2 years hotel sales/events experience. -required
- 1 year management experience in Hotel Conference planning. -required
- Ability to read and comprehend complex correspondence in English. -required
- Ability to effectively present detailed information both verbally and in written form to employees, managers, executives and guests in English.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. -required
- Must be able to meet quality standards for services and evaluation of customer satisfaction. -required
- Must possess the ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly and correctly. -required
- Must possess the ability to come up with unusual or clever ideas about products, services or situations, or to develop creative ways to solve a problem. -required
- Must possess the ability to know how to upsell and be creative with selling that works with and for the hotel. -required
- Ability to effectively adjust to major changes in work tasks or the work environment. -required
- Ability to interact with others in an honest, fair and respectful way; giving others confidence in one's intentions and those of the organization. -required
- Skilled at clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media; engaging the audience and helping them understand and retain the message. -required
- Ability to develop and sustain productive customer relationships; actively seeking information to understand and address customers' needs. –required
- Must be able to stand, sit, crouch or stoop for up to 8 hours. -required
- Previous hotel events or banquets experience. -preferred
- Ability to ski/snowboard green and blue runs on Vail Mountain - preferred
Be a part of the resort where it all started. Imagine belonging to a team that delivers the life of luxury to its guests while infusing the mountain lifestyle in every experience. Are you someone that never settles for second best? Take your mountain exploration to the next level and join a passionate group of people who thrive on extraordinary customer service. Come help us deliver unparalleled adventures in a place that is unrivaled and unflinching. Join the team at Vail – a place that’s Like Nothing on Earth. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 127655
6 months ago