Work for Vail Resorts
Reservations Agent - Ski & Ride School - Full Time & Part Time - Heavenly
Stateline, NV, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Job Summary: The Ski & Ride School Reservation Agent position is to handle multiple calls for Ski & Ride School and provide high level/great attention to detail customer service, Ski School knowledge and general resort knowledge to guests, as well as booking/changing/cancelling any and all Ski & Ride School lessons.
- Ability to learn and retain a large Ski & Ride School product knowledge including: prices, dates, times, offerings, as well as general resort and town knowledge
- Must be able to conduct his or herself professionally while speaking to guests over the phone. Must be polite, courteous, and helpful at all times
- Positive, proactive work ethic and a desire to sell/up sell Ski and Ride School Products.
- Will be required to use a computer to make all reservations, and use the intranet/internet to find resort info
- Excellent verbal/phone communication skills
- Ability to speak, read, and communicate in English
- Must enjoy working directly with guests over the phone for a majority of the day
- Ability to learn new computer software systems
- Intermediate or better function in Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Office, Proficient in typing (35wpm)
- Basic Excel knowledge, be able to input data into a prepared spreadsheet, to track call volume
- Ability to learn Resort Point of Sales System to adjust reservations
- Previous reservation experience, either phone or in person bookings
- High School Diploma or GED- required.
- Must be able to arrive at Stagecoach lodge by 7:45am regardless of weather and road conditions. Bus service may not always be available. Stagecoach Lodge, 375 Quaking Aspen Rd, Stateline, NV 89449
- Provide our “Experience of a Lifetime” customer service while maintaining attention to detail when booking lessons
- Selling/up selling all ski school lessons for advanced bookings
- Be able to help guests select the correct lesson(s) for their vacation
- Give guest detailed expectations regarding their check-in at the Ski & Ride School
- Give general resort information, rentals, food and beverage, activities, how to get to base facilities
- Ability to navigate the Internet to find information on behalf of guests
- Ability to arrive on time, regardless of weather conditions to Stagecoach Lodge: 375 Quaking Aspen Rd, Stateline, NV 89449
Work Schedule: Reservation Agents will work 5 days a week, and up to 6 days a week during holiday/peak times, all shifts start at 7:45am. All work is based on business call volume. Required to work all Holiday and weekends including but not limited to: 2-3 weeks before and after holiday times.
If you want to work for a different kind of ski resort, you’ve found your perfect match at Heavenly. With a massive mountain full of off-the-grid terrain and incredible views of Lake Tahoe, Heavenly is for those who want to go big and forge their own path. From on-mountain concerts to world-famous après ski parties and a one-of-a-kind DJ CAT, Heavenly exudes high-energy from first chair to last call. Come be a part of the team committed to delivering a refreshingly unique ski experience. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 125359
Tourism - Travel
5 months ago