Work for Vail Resorts
Repair Shop Supervisor - Main Lodge Rentals - Full Time & Part Time
South Lake Tahoe, CA, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Job Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Assist the Manager in the oversight of the service and tuning of customer and rental skis/snowboards according to established guidelines.
- Ensure all ASTM testibng/standards are being performed and met.
- Handle In-Transit Equipment.
- Coordinate the movement of all skis and snowboards to and from stores and tune shop.
- Generate sales, and demonstrate and maintain a professional standard of guest service
- Evaluate sales trends and create methods for sales growth
- Manage inventory control and meet or exceed inventory goals
- Role model and administer company policies and guidelines
- Assist Manager in recruiting, hiring, training, coaching, and maintaining a quality core tuning center staff
- Enforce company cash handling policies and procedures, and other loss prevention policies
- Conduct performance appraisals for and coach development of staff on a regular basis
- Maintain all company paperwork according to policies and standards
- Communicate ideas or issues with the Regional Manager
- Assist Management with ordering tune shop supplies and maintaining tune shop machinery.
- Adhere to and enforce safety procedures according to policies and standards.
- Remain current on new industry products and trends, and demonstrate knowledge of products
- Be energetic, motivated, and possess the ability to multi-task
- Take lead of a small shop crew.
- A minimum of 3 years of retail sales experience - preferred
- A minimum of 1 year of ski / snowboard rental management experience - required
- A minimum of 3 years prior tuning experience - preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent - required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications - required
- Ability to communicate frequently with co-workers and guests in accurate spoken and written English - required
- Excellent communications skills both written and verbal
- Self-motivated with the ability to multi-task
- Familiarity with rental and retail POS system - preferred
- At least 1 years of supervisory experience
- Must be a team player and be able to handle fast paced stressful environment
- Possess the desire to offer the highest customer service standards to guests
Some Benefits include:
- Free Epic ski and snowboard pass to our world-class resorts
- Retail discounts at our stores
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Excellent training and professional development
If you want to work for a different kind of ski resort, you’ve found your perfect match at Heavenly. With a massive mountain full of off-the-grid terrain and incredible views of Lake Tahoe, Heavenly is for those who want to go big and forge their own path. From on-mountain concerts to world-famous après ski parties and a one-of-a-kind DJ CAT, Heavenly exudes high-energy from first chair to last call. Come be a part of the team committed to delivering a refreshingly unique ski experience. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 125838
4 months ago