Work for Vail Resorts
Rental Associate - Beaver Creek Sports at The St. James
Avon, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
As a Vail Resorts Retail Associate you get to work with some of the industries leading brands, including K2, Rossignol, Salomon, Burton, to name just a few. As an VRR Associate you can take advantage of ski schedules, where you can work a morning, afternoon or split shift, there are greater retail discounts as a Retail Division employee, across all our company stores, access to 3point5.com discounts (Retail Division employees only), alternating free tune and demo coupons bi-weekly with paychecks, in store storage for your skis and snowboards, opportunity for development, starting pay $11.00/hr., stay warm and have fun!
Many of our stores are open year round. There is opportunity for the right person to progress in a career.
The role of the Rental Associate is to be responsible for generating sales through world-class guest service through assisting customers with rental equipment, monitoring store appearance and merchandise displays.
- Provide customers with highest level of customer service expected for assigned department through professional, courteous and knowledgeable assistance to ensure individualized needs are met with respect to equipment, product, and/or merchandise questions
- Explain to guests how to operate rental equipment, safety practices and guest responsibility for the equipment during the rental including length of rental and return options
- Ensure equipment in the rental fleet is ready to make a successful rental by servicing, and testing according to established service requirements
- Responsible for following all company standards in regards to paperwork and loss prevention
- Ensure an enthusiastic and professional level of customer service at all times
- Maintain a neat and organized work area
- Answer store phones courteously and professionally
- Education - HS Diploma or GED Equivalent
- Work Experience - No prior work experience required, experience in a rental/retail environment or equivalent relevant experience preferred
- Computer Skill - Basic computer skills with ability to learn
- Language Skills - English Fluency
- Other Requirements - Excellent customer service skills, mechanical aptitude, attention to detail, safety conscious, ability to multi task, ability to troubleshoot and elevate questions or concerns to management.
- Preferred Skills - Average math skills
Some of the benefits include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug plans, for employees who have completed 750 hours of work
- 401 (k) Retirement Plan, for employees who have completed 750 hours of work
- Ski and snowboard pass to our world-class resorts
- Employee discounts at our retail stores
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Auto, Home and Pet Insurance
- Excellent training and professional development
We’re looking for team members whose legendary attention to detail and commitment to phenomenal service comes naturally. Pursue a lifestyle that will elevate your expectation of what work can look like. Nothing is too big or too small for the staff to bravely pursue and elevate the expectations of the guest. Do you possess a calling for delivering world-class events and amenities? Then Beaver Creek is for you. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 116969
7 months ago