Work for Vail Resorts
Race Crew - Full Time and Part Time
Vail, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Entry Race Crew - Full Time and Part Time, Winter Seasonal, Vail Mountain
Vail Mountain is looking for motivated individuals with a love for ski racing to be part of our Winter Race Crew. If you want to have a hand in the action, join our team and bring our race courses to life.
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Perform daily set-up and maintenance of the Golden Peak and Black Forest Race facilities.
- Operate timing system, announcing and recording racer's times.
- Work with other staff and departments to promote a positive guest experience.
- Provide assistance with event venue set-up, as needed.
- Setting and maintaining daily public race courses and private group courses.
- Operate Windows-based timing system, produce results and then send results to EpicMix Racing web site daily.
- Communication, via radio or phone, with Ski Patrol to inform them of injuries.
- Event venue construction - Includes building scaffolding, installing fence, tents, banners, cabling, etc.
- Maintain Golden Peak and Black Forest race facilities to ensure safety of all guests and staff.
- Shovel and rake starts and decks to maintain snow levels and a safe environment for guests and staff.
- Fence/barrier maintenance, trash and snow removal at Golden Peak and Black Forest.
- Ability to lift up to, and sometimes more than, 50lbs - required.
- Ability to stand outside in all weather conditions, for 8+ hours per day - required.
- Ability to ski/ride outside in all weather conditions, for 8+ hours per day - required.
- Valid U.S. Driver's license - required.
- Ability to work with power tools (cordless drills, saws, etc.) - required.
- Basic computer navigation skills and ability to use Windows-based programs - required.
- Facility cleaning duties at least one time per week - required.
- High school diploma - required.
- Race course operations - preferred.
- Valid U.S. Driver's License, USSA officials license - preferred.
- Proficiency in reading, writing and speaking English - required.
- Advanced ski or riding ability - required.
- Racing Background - preferred
- Must be able to work weekends, evenings and holidays - required.
- Ability to operate a snowmobile (need a vaild driver's license) - preferred.
Be a part of the resort where it all started. Imagine belonging to a team that delivers the life of luxury to its guests while infusing the mountain lifestyle in every experience. Are you someone that never settles for second best? Take your mountain exploration to the next level and join a passionate group of people who thrive on extraordinary customer service. Come help us deliver unparalleled adventures in a place that is unrivaled and unflinching. Join the team at Vail – a place that’s Like Nothing on Earth. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 127431
Tourism - Travel
30 days ago