Work for Vail Resorts
Broomfield, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us.
Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The Cook will be responsible for preparing menu items, following recipes, prep sheets while following established culinary and sanitation guidelines. Opening and closing the kitchen, receiving food and supplies and assisting in ordering. As needed, assisting in selling prepared food items, tender management and cleaning, stocking the cafe. All while delivering exceptional guest service.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform food preparation tasks, with a sense of urgency, while observing culinary, safety and sanitary guidelines, with little supervision.
- Open and close the kitchen
- Provide exceptional customer service to guests.
- Assist in ordering, receiving, and inventory control
- Manages payment for items, credit card handling
- Maintains inventory and places orders for food and non-food items
- Demonstrate teamwork and cooperation with co workers
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to work in Microsoft Office
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous restaurant food prep experience
- Serve Safe (will provide within 6 months of hire if employee is not currently certified)
- Microsoft Office preferred
- English proficiency
- Customer service experience
- Menu planning experience preferred
We offer a variety of career opportunities at our world-class resorts and corporate headquarters near Boulder, Colorado in fields like Finance & Accounting, Human Resources, Information Technology, Legal, Public Affairs & Sustainability, Marketing, Sales & Communications and more. Our corporate team shares both a passion for the outdoors and a drive to re-imagine the mountain resort experience around the world. Learn more at www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 127881
3 months ago