Work for Vail Resorts
Plow Driver/ Equipment Operator
Vail, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Plow Driver/Equipment Operator - Winter Seasonal, Full Time, Vail Mountain
The Equipment Operator is a detail oriented job that has a hand in the safety of our guests and employees. Safety is one of our missions at Vail Resorts and employees that help us meet our goal to "be safe" are valued on our team!
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Responsible for the snow plowing and snow removal operations at the resort, including ensuring slick surfaces are covered with traction material.
- Provide the safest possible surfaces for our guests and employees to drive and walk on.
- Provide excellent internal and external guest service.
- Safely and efficiently operate all equipment used by the Base Ops team including but not limited to skid steers, snow blowers, plow trucks, cinder spreader, backhoe, front end loader, and Mack dump truck.
- Monitor all equipment and make sure that all issues are addressed promptly and communicated with Vehicle Maintenance.
- Responsible for routine vehicle checks daily.
- Responsible for tire chain removal / installation and repairs.
- Ability to work unsupervised with a task list required.
- Must have a valid CDL with air brake certification - required.
- Ability to lift 100 lbs - required.
- Previous equipment operation experience in relevant equipment - required.
- Experience in a high alpine environment in winter - preferred.
- Previous plow / snow removal experience - preferred.
- Previous dump truck driving experience - preferred.
Schedule: Four, ten hour shifts 2AM - 12PM.
Be a part of the resort where it all started. Imagine belonging to a team that delivers the life of luxury to its guests while infusing the mountain lifestyle in every experience. Are you someone that never settles for second best? Take your mountain exploration to the next level and join a passionate group of people who thrive on extraordinary customer service. Come help us deliver unparalleled adventures in a place that is unrivaled and unflinching. Join the team at Vail – a place that’s Like Nothing on Earth. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 124231
Tourism - Travel
6 months ago