Work for Vail Resorts
Pines Lodge - Lead Concierge
Avon, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The Concierge is assigned to perform all tasks associated with the everyday concierge operation of the properties through excellent customer service skills while assisting all managers and fellow employees as needed. This position will also act as a Front Desk Agent throughout our shoulder season's and multiple days each weeks throughout summer seasons.
The Concierge responsibilities at the Pines Lodge include, but are not limited to:
- Assist guests with all aspects of their stay by being knowledgable about all local vendors and providing an Experience of a Lifetime
- Booking and confirming all guest requests for dining, transportation, and activities in a timely and professional manner.
- Checking the concierge e-mail account frequently and ensuring every e-mail has a response.
- Assisting guests ship luggage and documents.
- Welcome and assist guests in a warm and friendly manner
- Respond to guest inquiries with accurate information regarding hours of outlet operaiton, directions to local attractions and restaurants and meeting spaces
- Ensure good safety practices of guests througout the hotel and proper emergency safety procedures are followed.
- Bill guests for transportation, amenities and establish an understanding of the property management system LMS in order to better assist the guest.
- Maintain and develop existing and new relationships with external vendors in order to assist the guest.
- Handles confidential information, including guest records, with a high degree of integrity.
The Front Desk Agent responsibilities at the Pines Lodge include, but are not limited to:
- Greeting guests and homeowners in a warm and friendly, prompt and professional manner
- Register guests collecting appropriate information from the guest and make necessary notations in the reservation system, issue room keys, provide information on hotel services and room location, process payment for stay and close out guest accounts at time of check out.
- Receive and process payments, explain guest charges accurately and professionally and respond to disputes of guest charges
- Make room reservations, log guest requests and accurately maintain the status of each reservation
- Manage incoming telephone and email correspondence in a prompt and courteous manner
- Accept and log all incoming packages, ship and log all outgoing packages, accept and schedule the delivery of guest amenities and ensure guests receive all mail, luggage and packages in a timely manner.
- May perform tasks related to and assist other staff with bellmen, housekeeping and maintenance
- Responsible for cleanliness of Guest reception and surrounding public areas
- Maintain a high level of professional appearance, demeanor and ethics at all times
- Handle confidential information, including guest records with a high degree of integrity
- Participate in training classes as assigned by the manager
- Comply with all resort policies, deliver a consistently high standard of customer service within the department and maintain a high level of professional appearance, demeanor and ethics at all times.
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent - required
- Proficient in Microsoft applications - required
- Ability to communicate with guest, homeowners, and colleagues with diplomacy and tact - required
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both written and verbal - required
- Ability to stand for long periods of time in excess of 2 hours without sitting - required
- Ability to work in a team and be detail oriented
- Strong organizational skills - required
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, which includes weekends, evenings and holiday's - required
- Ability to lift and carry 50lbs - preferred
- At least 1 year Concierge experience - required
We’re looking for team members whose legendary attention to detail and commitment to phenomenal service comes naturally. Pursue a lifestyle that will elevate your expectation of what work can look like. Nothing is too big or too small for the staff to bravely pursue and elevate the expectations of the guest. Do you possess a calling for delivering world-class events and amenities? Then Beaver Creek is for you. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 126393
about 1 month ago