Work for Vail Resorts
Phone Operator - Village at Breckenridge
Breckenridge, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Rooms Controller/PBX Operators assist in answering all internal and external calls at the resort and provide extraordinary service to all guests and employees. Operators answer calls in a professional manner, determine the caller’s needs, and direct the call appropriately.
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Check in guests at front desk, entering appropriate information into and running necessary reports from computer system.
- Take payments, post charges, enter amounts into computer, and balance accounts at end of shift.
- Answer a variety of questions from guests, and handle routine problems, referring more unusual or difficult problems or complaints to supervisor or other appropriate staff members.
- Relay maintenance and housekeeping requests to proper staff members.
- Answer the switchboard in a pleasant and courteous manner within 3 rings and transfer the call to appropriate department or person.
- Check guests out. Run various computer reports (checkouts, guest lists and the like).
- Handle emergencies that arise when on duty alone, notifying appropriate personnel.
- Put keys away and do a key inventory.
- Perform other related clerical tasks.
- Assist in the cleanliness and general maintenance of the front desk and reception area.
- Assist Bell and Valet when appropriate
- High school diploma or equivalent. -required
- One year housekeeping/laundry experience. -required
- Ability to read, write, and speak English. -required
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time –required
- Must have a flexible schedule - required
- Previous Lodging/Hospitality/Call Center experience - preferred
If you’re hard working and feel exhilarated serving others, you’ll feel right at home in our authentic ski town and world-class mountain resort. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, we deliver an experience of a lifetime to every single guest that visits our mountain town. If you’re interested in moving mountains in your career, come work with us at Breckenridge where you’ll instantly feel at home. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 127128
14 days ago