Work for Vail Resorts
PC Technician - Full Time
Afton Alps, MN, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The PC Technician is responsible for assisting the IT Manager with seasonal computer maintenance and client PC installations at Vail Resorts locations at Afton Alps. Responsibilities include distributed systems hardware installation (packaging, unpacking, recycling, carrying, cleaning, lifting and placing equipment), and the basic installation of desktop operating systems (Windows 7) and applications (Microsoft Office). Other responsibilities include hardware installations of resort point of sale systems and troubleshooting point of sale applications. Duties may also include general work area cleanup including LAN closet, phone room and storage area; assisting with resort operations; and general administrative work. Works closely with the IT team and users at Vail Resorts.
**This position is an entry position for the Winter Season, working October - April (estimated). Hours will be varied; not a typical M-F, 8-5 position.**
- Tracking and updating equipment spreadsheets for deployments.
- Configure and install PC’s, laptops, wireless devices, printers, peripherals and other equipment to support enterprise business operations.
- Loading software on PC’s and hand-held devices. Experience with HP, Dell and IBM hardware preferred.
- Install Microsoft desktop operating systems as well as other desktop applications and systems to support enterprise business units as described by departmental policy. Applications include MS Office (and other MS applications), Infogenesis and Resort POS. This includes working knowledge of Microsoft system policy and group policy in an enterprise environment.
- Responds to problem tickets and repair the malfunctioning equipment quickly. Provides support for PC technician operations and Help Desk operations on a daily basis. Support and troubleshooting of desktop operating systems is fundamental for this support role.
- Updating Heat Calls and answer support calls as needed.
- Performs installations, relocation, and re-installation as well as any other related requests (Adds/Moves/Changes).
- Transportation of equipment (need to be able to lift and carry 40 lbs)
- Cleaning and organizing work area and installation locations
- This position may be expected to assist in resort operations or with general administrative duties
- High School diploma - required
- 1+ year computer related work experience
- Knowledge of desktop computer systems is preferred, including Dell PC hardware.
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Windows Desktop operating systems.
- Understanding of basic PC and printer operation
- Basic understanding of network technologies
- Must have valid US Driver's license - required
- Ability to work independently and unsupervised
Create incredible experiences for guests at the Midwest’s premier winter destination. In the scenic St. Croix River Valley, this big-time resort with a small town feel has converted thousands of first-timers into lifelong skiers and riders. This truly is where Epic begins for skiers of all levels and can be where your epic career begins, too. Become part of the Afton Alps family. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 126633
Tourism - Travel
15 days ago