Work for Vail Resorts
Truckee, CA, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The PC Tech position will provide day-to-day support, maintenance, and assistance for all resort wide hardware and software. Responsibilities include working knowledge of computer hardware, printers, scanners, cameras, and other peripherals. Creating and maintaining SOP documentation and managing trouble tickets through our work request management system. PC Tech position will work with the IT team to proactively identify problems and facilitate resolutions and repair of the client’s hardware and software in a Windows Client/Server LAN environment as well as support of the company Point of Sale of system(s).
- Assist in resort wide end user support.
- Responsible for deployment, maintenance, troubleshooting, updating, and repair of Vail Resorts back of the house PC’s and POS systems, including all hardware, software and peripherals.
- Open, track, and close help desk tickets and promote end user satisfaction.
- Create and maintain accurate IT related documentation as assigned.
- Actively participate in training, observe company policies and procedures, and promote all company values relative to protecting the natural environment.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Fundamental knowledge of Windows 7, Microsoft Office 2007/2010, and Office 365
- Fundamental knowledge of TCP/IP networking and the ability to effectively troubleshoot connectivity issues with Windows workstations and other devices within a network.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
- Professionalism and strong guest service skills, attention to detail and timeliness.
- Flexible schedule during peak times of the year.
- Ability to work outdoors in a dynamic mountain environment. This position requires year round work on and off the mountain.
- High School Diploma or equivalence exam.
- Valid US Driver’s license.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs.
- Follow and enforce company guidelines, policies and practices.
- 2 years’ experience in the set-up, configuration, use, and troubleshooting of computers.
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited University.
- CompTia A+ and/or MCP certification. Completion of A+ certification required after 6 months.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Ability to Ski or Snowboard preferred, not required.
With diverse tree-lined mountain trails, a world-class terrain park and a vibrant village, Northstar is the perfect setting for families and snow sports enthusiasts alike. Nestled in the Sierra Nevada just 15 minutes from Lake Tahoe, 30 minutes from Reno and a few hours from Napa and San Francisco, it’s easy to explore everything Northern California has to offer. Join the Northstar team and learn why Truckee, CA has been voted one of the “Top 25 Ski Towns in the World.” www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 127067
4 months ago