Work for Vail Resorts
Overnight Front Desk Agent - Winter Seasonal - Northstar Lodging
Truckee, CA, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
One of the finest year-round mountain resorts in North America, Northstar California is host to a base area village featuring unique shops and restaurants, a conference center, 9,000 square foot outdoor skating rink, on-site lodging, special events and more! A winter sport enthusiast's paradise, Northstar offers 97 ski trails spread across 3,170 acres, award-winning terrain parks and snow sports including alpine and Telemark skiing, snowboarding, cross-country skiing, snowshoeing and tubing. Summer activities include mountain biking, golfing, scenic lift rides for sightseeing and hiking, and fly-fishing!
The Front Desk/Reservation Agent - Graveyard shift is responsible for creating a welcoming first and last impression. This individual will independantly run the Front Desk overnight and will be responsible for resolving late night guest issues. This individual will also be responsible for taking lodging reservations, checking in and out of guests, and assisting all Northstar guests. Assists customers and staff members when necessary in a timely and enthusiastic manner.
Additional responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- "Sell" Northstar to all potential customers, keeping current on rates, promotions, and special events.
- Book lodging reservations into AS400 computer system.
- Check in guests at front desk explaining all facilities.
- Check out guests reviewing billing and payments.
- Maintain complete informational knowledge of Northstar and the surrounding area.
- Perform deliveries (company vehicle) and light maintenance (will train).
- Run certain closing reports.
- Post guest charges and payments. Issue tickets and vouchers.
- Responsible for cash bank, balance of paperwork, and monies.
- Work within established guidelines to resolve any problems to the guest's satisfaction.
- Communicate with other departments as required.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Flexible working hours.
- Must have at least one year experience and knowledge in Rental/Hotel operations or related customer service experience.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions & percentages.
- Computer and cashier skills required. Audit experience helpful.
- Ability to be self motivated and work independantly of others.
- Must have valid United States Drivers Liscence and must pass motor vehicle record check.
- Must be able to work under pressure and have a pleasant personality for heavy guest contact.
- Must be able to communicate and work well with the general public, other staff members, and other Northstar personnel.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Position requires complete informational knowledge of Northstar and the surrounding area.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Must be able to properly interpret guest needs and requirements.
- Must act professional and follow procedures set by the management.
Have fun. Serve Others. Do Right. Drive Values. Do Good. Be Safe. These are the values Vail Resorts employees embrace daily. As the premier mountain resort company in the world and a leader in luxury, destination-based travel at iconic locations, we operate in three highly integrated and interdependent segments including mountain, lodging and real estate. Vail Resorts employees are good at what they do and we welcome people who bring enthusiasm, pride and a commitment to creating an Experience of a Lifetime to our stakeholders.
Vail Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer
With diverse tree-lined mountain trails, a world-class terrain park and a vibrant village, Northstar is the perfect setting for families and snow sports enthusiasts alike. Nestled in the Sierra Nevada just 15 minutes from Lake Tahoe, 30 minutes from Reno and a few hours from Napa and San Francisco, it’s easy to explore everything Northern California has to offer. Join the Northstar team and learn why Truckee, CA has been voted one of the “Top 25 Ski Towns in the World.” www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 126688
3 months ago