Work for Vail Resorts
Overnight Bell / Valet - The Arrabelle, a RockResort
Vail, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Responsible for creating a welcoming first and last impression. This will include assisting the passengers during the loading and unloading process. Provide prompt and courteous service; familiarize the guest(s) with essential resort services and activities. The bellperson/valet is responsible for safely and efficiently relocating guest automobiles to designated parking locations, and for the timely delivery and retrieval of luggage and other items. Bellperson/Valet will also safely and efficiently transport guests to local destinations by operating a hotel vehicle. Drivers will provide general information about the resort and give recommendations on the surrounding area. They will also ensure the vehicle is clean, fueled and any necessary services are communicated to the appropriate person. Overnight Bellperson will be responsible for overnight room service requests, delivery and preparation of any and all orders and ensuring they are billed appropriately. This position will be responsible for providing assistance to all departments, as needed, including housekeeping, deliveries and front desk.
- Must be able to drive a manual transmission vehicle
- Maintaining a high level of professional appearance, demeanor and ethics in dealing both with guests, co-workers and subordinates.
- Must be able to work on holidays, weekends, days, and nights
- Timely delivery and retrieval of luggage, amenities, faxes, letters, newspapers, flowers, boxes and various items to the guest rooms.
- Timely delivery and preparation of all In Room Dining orders, presented according to Chef's direction.
- Escorts guests to the first available Guest Service Assistant and or to other requested destination in the resort.
- Respond to inquiries with accurate information regarding hours of outlet operation, directions to local attractions and restaurants, meeting rooms according to individual needs.
- Utilizes all guest profiles and names, and provide preferences accordingly.
- Anticipate guests' needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, despite how busy or the time of day.
- Handles confidential information, including guest records, with a high degree of integrity.
- Ensuring good safety practices of guests throughout the hotel, and proper emergency and safety procedures are followed.
- Provide support to all overnight departments and all special requests.
- Participation in training classes set up by The Arrabelle, Rock Resort and Vail Resort.
- Complies with all Resort policies, procedures and standards of operation.
- Performs any additional tasks or projects as required.
- Ensures that the bell desk and adjacent public areas are kept in pristine condition.
- College Degree in hospitality or business related field preferred
- Valid CO driver's license; Possesses a valid driver's license for type of vehicle driven. Clean drivers record with minimum infractions.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English to guests, vendors and employees.
- Minimum of one year Guest Service experience in a property of similar size and quality, preferably in area.
Be a part of the resort where it all started. Imagine belonging to a team that delivers the life of luxury to its guests while infusing the mountain lifestyle in every experience. Are you someone that never settles for second best? Take your mountain exploration to the next level and join a passionate group of people who thrive on extraordinary customer service. Come help us deliver unparalleled adventures in a place that is unrivaled and unflinching. Join the team at Vail – a place that’s Like Nothing on Earth. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 126440
5 months ago