Work for Vail Resorts
Non-Certified Ski & Snowboard Instructor - Full Time and Part Time
Vail, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Non-Certified Ski & Snowboard Instructor Full and Part-time - Winter Seasonal, Vail, CO
Famous worldwide as North America’s top ski resort, Vail is an extraordinary vacation experience. Spanning seven miles are seven legendary Back Bowls, blanketed last year with 38 feet of powder snow. Under clear blue sky 300 days a year and with more groomed terrain than anywhere on the planet, families reconnect and celebrate at our Vail ski resort from year to year and generation to generation.
The Instructor will provide quality ski/snowboard instruction to groups and individuals in a safe and fun manner while upholding all Colorado Skier Safety Act rules/regulations and Company guidelines.
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Must be willing to teach a family lesson.
- Must possess level 7 or higher skiing/level 6 or higher riding abilities.
- Upholding the highest levels of guest safety on varied terrain in high altitude, with varying winter weather conditions.
- Clearly and accurately instructing assigned levels of skiing or snowboarding to students, both physically and verbally.
- Ensuring that students are matched to appropriate skier/snowboarding skill level and working with supervisors/managers to make appropriate changes when necessary.
- Assisting guests to load and unload the chairlift.
- Clearly communicating instructions and helping guests.
- Provide a safe and fun learning environment through exceptional class handling and creativity using our teaching handbook as a guide.
- Supervising children in lessons at all times; assisting at lunch and snack times; ensuring return of children to identified guardian.
- Assisting in operational responsibilities of Ski & Ride programs including but not limited to registration process, directing guests to appropriate equipment fitting source or lesson meeting place, upkeep of outdoor teaching areas, and cleanliness of facilities.
- Attend morning meetings/be responsible for morning meeting information and assist with guest introductions.
- Must possess high levels of creativity.
- Teach skiing/snowboarding at all levels of difficulty based upon ability and experience.
- Understand and abide by the rules and procedures set forth in the Resource and Guidelines Manual.
- Must be able to discuss the lesson content and evaluate the progress of the lesson with the guest.
- Able to physically, clearly and accurately demonstrate assigned levels of Alpine skiing or Snowboarding models.
- Must have high level of guest service skills and experience.
- Assist with boot/equipment fitting, sales lobby greeting and other tasks assigned by Manager/Supervisors.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School or Equivalent Education - required.
- Attend Ski and Ride training sessions - required.
- Basic internet navigation - required.
- Must be fluent in all aspects of the English language (spoken and written) - required.
- Must have excellent guest service skills - required.
- Must have excellent communication skills - required.
- Must work well in a team - required.
- Must successfully complete the Background Check - required.
- Must be able to work in inclement weather in a high alpine environment - required.
- Must have sight, speech, and hearing abilities sufficient to learn skills, follow and provide directions - required.
- Must be available to work holidays and weekends - required.
- Must be willing to adhere to the Vail Resorts policy of wearing an approved snowsports helmet at all times while teaching - required.
- Experience working with guests of all ages - preferred.
- Previous experience with teaching/coaching/mentoring - preferred.
- Previous ski/snowboard instructor experience - preferred.
- Knowledge of local area/resort - preferred.
- Previous experience with teaching/coaching/mentoring children - preferred.
- Second language - Spanish - preferred.
Be a part of the resort where it all started. Imagine belonging to a team that delivers the life of luxury to its guests while infusing the mountain lifestyle in every experience. Are you someone that never settles for second best? Take your mountain exploration to the next level and join a passionate group of people who thrive on extraordinary customer service. Come help us deliver unparalleled adventures in a place that is unrivaled and unflinching. Join the team at Vail – a place that’s Like Nothing on Earth. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 126094
Tourism - Travel
2 months ago