Work for Vail Resorts
Non-Certified Ski Instructor - Full Time and Part Time
Heavenly, CA, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Job Summary: The non-certified Ski Instructor will provide quality ski instruction to groups and individuals, primarily children, in a safe and fun manner while following all company guidelines. You will have the opportunity to connect with people from all over the world, build new friendships, watch guests progress and enjoy the tremendous personal satisfaction that can be gained from working with people and helping them succeed.
You don't have to be an expert skier, you do have to keep yourself and your guest’s safe, have fun and help people reach their goals.
- Keeping yourself and your guests SAFE at all times and in all situations.
- Providing great guest service at all times through sharing your passion for working with people and skiing.
- Upholding the highest levels of guest safety on varied terrain in high altitude, with varying winter weather conditions.
- Clearly and accurately instructing assigned levels of riding to guests, both physically and verbally (you’re going to have to explain and demonstrate to guests what they need to do).
- Ensuring that guests are matched to the appropriate skill level and working with supervisors/managers to make appropriate changes when necessary.
- Assisting guests with transportation of equipment.
- Assisting guests to load and unload chairlifts.
- Communicating instructions and helping guests to their feet during a lesson; lifting children by the vest (if applicable).
- Supervising children in class at all times; assisting at lunch and snack times; ensuring return of children to identified guardian.
- Assisting in operational responsibilities of Ski & Ride programs including but not limited to registration process, directing guests to appropriate equipment fitting source, upkeep of outdoor teaching areas, and cleanliness of facilities.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Ability to ski blue terrain comfortably and under control.
- High School or Equivalent Education.
- Ability to attend all required training sessions.
- Basic knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and browser applications; basic internet navigation.
- Must be fluent in all aspects of the English language (spoken and written).
- Must have excellent guest service skills.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- Must work well in a team.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs.
- Must successfully complete a Criminal Background Check.
- Must be able to work in inclement weather in a high alpine environment.
- Must have sight, speech, and hearing abilities sufficient to learn skills, follow and provide directions.
- Must be willing to teach children on a regular basis.
- Must be available to work holidays and weekends.
- Experience working with guests of all ages.
- Knowledge of local area/resort.
- Previous experience with teaching/coaching/mentoring children.
- Ability to communicate in Spanish.
- Ability to teach snowboarding.
If you want to work for a different kind of ski resort, you’ve found your perfect match at Heavenly. With a massive mountain full of off-the-grid terrain and incredible views of Lake Tahoe, Heavenly is for those who want to go big and forge their own path. From on-mountain concerts to world-famous après ski parties and a one-of-a-kind DJ CAT, Heavenly exudes high-energy from first chair to last call. Come be a part of the team committed to delivering a refreshingly unique ski experience. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 126904 ELJ
Tourism - Travel
16 days ago