Work for Vail Resorts
Night Auditor - Vail Marriott
Vail, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The magnitude of beauty at the Vail Marriott Mountain Resort (http://www.vailmarriott.com) is one that defines the elegance of a European Chateau with the back drop of the Rocky Mountains. The Vail Marriott Mountain Resort and Spa is now hiring a Night Auditor, Full Time Year Round.
Responsible for accumulating and balancing daily revenue for the front office, and processing all charges. Reviews paperwork for accuracy and completeness. Reviews inventory and makes shifts as necessary. Provides basic guest services, including checking guests in and out, delivering room amenities as needed, and answering any guest inquiries. Tours property to ensure cleanliness and check for maintenance issues. May valet cars.
- Maintain rate and credit integrity of the hotel and follow all proper procedures for posting charges and collecting payment for room and tax and incidental charges
- Be knowledgeable about the hotel layout and services. Be aware of the hotel’s outlets and departments’ hours of operation. Be familiar with the location of guests’ rooms as well as their amenities
- Answer the phones according to the standards of proper etiquette and as fast as possible (no more than three rings).
- Assist all guests in problems and questions as required. Ensure that all guest problems are resolved by using the LEARN procedures.
- Understand how to respond to emergency procedures in the hotel including bomb threats, police, fire rescue, and ambulance emergencies..
- Handle all duties according to hotel policies, procedures, internal rules and standards.
- Be able to accurately enter all wake-up calls and complete all facets of the Front Desk/AYS check- lists. Understand and use all communication tools to effectively communicate important guest information
- Reconciliation of day’s activities.
- Ensure that hotel computer systems are backed up properly each night
- Be knowledgeable about Marriott Rewards, Club Marquis and other frequent traveler programs.
- Know how to handle safe deposit boxes.
- Handle guest’s incoming calls within three rings with enthusiasm and great attention to detail. Use proper and professional telephone etiquette and report guest problems by using the AYS system.
- Adept at managing multiple tasks and problem solving
- High school diploma or equivalent. -required
- Must be able to speak, read, write, understand and comprehend English fluently. -required
- Proficient in Microsoft applications. -required
- Able to communicate with guest, homeowners, and colleagues with diplomacy and tact. -required
- Able to stand for long periods of time in excess of 4 hours without sitting. -required
- Proficient on property management systems (SMS, PMS, LMS). -preferred
- Hotel or property management or guest service experience. -preferred
- Administrative experience. -preferred
- Knowledge of the area. -preferred
- Spanish is helpful. -preferred
- Must be able to work weekends, holidays and evenings. -required
- Resumes. -required
- In-person interviews. -highly preferred
- 2 satisfactory references. -required
Be a part of the resort where it all started. Imagine belonging to a team that delivers the life of luxury to its guests while infusing the mountain lifestyle in every experience. Are you someone that never settles for second best? Take your mountain exploration to the next level and join a passionate group of people who thrive on extraordinary customer service. Come help us deliver unparalleled adventures in a place that is unrivaled and unflinching. Join the team at Vail – a place that’s Like Nothing on Earth. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 127664
14 days ago