Work for Vail Resorts
Mountain Services Guide - Full Time & Part Time
Park City, UT, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Mountain Services Guides welcome guests to Park City, and provide information about our mountain, products, and services with the goal of elevating every guest’s experience. They seek out guest contact and proactively engage our guests at every touch point. They provide essential services for many on-mountain departments including: Guest Services, Parking, Lift Operations, Mountain Food and Beverage, Ticket Sales, and Ski and Snowboard School.
- Provide experiences of a lifetime for our guests. Adhere to Vail Resorts values: Do Good, Do Right, Drive Value, Be Safe, Serve Others, Have Fun.
- Greet and welcome all guests in base areas, while skiing and riding on the mountain, and at assigned stations.
- Provide guests with a variety of information, describing and explaining activities, events, programs, and services to guests.
- Provide a presence at on-mountain map locations. Assist guests with directions and skiing riding recommendations based on knowledge of conditions, terrain, and skiing/riding ability of guests.
- Ski or ride from station to station proactively looking for and engaging guests who may need assistance.
- Work with mountain operations to facilitate consistent and excellent service in the following areas: lift line coordination, loading skis on gondolas, surface lift operations, greeting and directing guests in parking lots, providing a seamless village arrival experience along with ticket greeters and ski school concierge, greeting guests and providing information in on-mountain lodges.
- Work with dispatch and other mountain departments to communicate lift and run closures to guests.
- Assist Lift Operations in updating grooming status boards daily.
- Receive guest feedback and special requests. Provide on-the-spot resolution and elevate guest experiences through the Epic Service Solutions program.
- Assist all employees in other departments in executing guest resolutions.
- Lead mountain tours.
- Help to keep the resort immaculately clean.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
- High School education or equivalent, plus two years of relevant customer service or mountain operations experience.
- Intermediate or better skiing/snowboarding ability along with an enthusiasm for the sport.
- Ability to ski or snowboard all day in a variety of conditions and terrain.
- Ability to converse clearly and comfortably with a variety of different types of guests.
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude.
- Knowledge of Park City resort and local area preferred.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds at one time.
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions for long periods of time.
- Ability to stand in one area for long periods of time.
Becoming part of the Park City team means you’re joining one of the best ski brands in the world. The legendary Park City mountain and town are crafted from local charm and hospitality. And living and working in Park City brings its own benefits. From the hip and friendly ski-into-town cultural scene to the unrivaled Wasatch powder of America’s largest mountain resort, Park City has a pulse that’s as charming as it is rewarding. Join our team and come experience all that Park City has to offer. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 126251 ELJ
Tourism - Travel
about 1 month ago