Work for Vail Resorts
Mountain Safety Attendant
Breckenridge, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The Mountain Safety attendant will work to uphold the highest levels of guest safety on the mountain as well as promote the Skier Safety Act and Vail Resorts’ safety policies and procedures. This position also serves as an ambassador for guest service and resort knowledge.
Additional responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Promotes, educates, and enforces skier/rider safety through use of the NSAA Skier Responsibility Code and the Colorado Skier Safety Act by making daily safety contacts while skiing/riding or standing on variable mountain terrain in varying winter weather conditions
- Documents issued safety contact warnings and suspensions using violator cards
- Performing trail maintenance on the mountain including placement of ropes, checking for hazards, marking terrain with baffles/poles, and packing or shoveling snow
- Lifts and carries equipment including signs, baffles, padding, and toboggans
- Reports medical incidents to ski patrol and directs skier traffic control around incident scenes
- Communicates effectively with teammates and ski patrol in a timely and professional manner
- Assisting with the lifting and loading of toboggans.
- Answering guest questions regarding terrain, directions, and other Resort/Town information in a professional friendly manner.
- Interest and concern for guest and employee safety at one of America’s busiest ski resorts
- Must have excellent guest service skills
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Must work well in a team
- Must be able to work in inclement weather in a high alpine environment
- Must be available to work holidays and weekends
- Must have sight, speech, and hearing abilities sufficient to learn skills, follow and provide directions
- Must be able to lift up to 100 lbs
- Skis and/or rides at an advanced- to expert level for 8+ hours daily (pass on-mountain ski/ride test to level 7)
- First Aid/ CPR certification within 30 days of hire
- Must be able to communicate in English
- Previous resort operational experience
- Knowledge of local area/resort
If you’re hard working and feel exhilarated serving others, you’ll feel right at home in our authentic ski town and world-class mountain resort. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, we deliver an experience of a lifetime to every single guest that visits our mountain town. If you’re interested in moving mountains in your career, come work with us at Breckenridge where you’ll instantly feel at home. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 125412
Tourism - Travel
6 months ago